Now I have a HRM..........

Options
2»

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Women: C/min = (-20.4022 + 0.4472 x HR + 0.1263 x weight + 0.074 x age) / 4.184
    weight is in kg

http://www.triathlontrainingblog.com/calculators/calories-burned-calculator-based-on-average-heart-rate/

hope this helps

The figure you end up with at the end of that calculation is how many calories in how much time? Would it be calories per minutes, hour or what?

:flowerforyou:

Yes, calories per minute. Although I found it to be really really high.

:noway: thanks!

::::runs off to get calculator:::

okies, well it's wrong somewhere, because my total equals: 101.949808.

Although that would be lovely..... 101.949808 calories per minute would have me like a walking skeleton after a few days.
  • Pughey
    Pughey Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Women: C/min = (-20.4022 + 0.4472 x HR + 0.1263 x weight + 0.074 x age) / 4.184
    weight is in kg

http://www.triathlontrainingblog.com/calculators/calories-burned-calculator-based-on-average-heart-rate/

hope this helps

The figure you end up with at the end of that calculation is how many calories in how much time? Would it be calories per minutes, hour or what?

:flowerforyou:

Yes, calories per minute. Although I found it to be really really high.

:noway: thanks!

::::runs off to get calculator:::

okies, well it's wrong somewhere, because my total equals: 101.949808.

Although that would be lovely..... 101.949808 calories per minute would have me like a walking skeleton after a few days.

hahahahaahaaaa, that did make me chuckle. If only hey???
    How are you working it out? Have you got your weight in kilos?
  • Keefypoos
    Keefypoos Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    are you doing the calculation right?

IE (BODMAS)

just a thought
  • rebeccarains
    Options
    I just got mine and used it for the first time today. It is a GSI, it was on sale for $30 on Amazon and had good reviews, it calculates calories burned and I didn't want to spend a ton either!
  • Pughey
    Pughey Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ok, this is what I found easiest and most realistic:

Used this link for the calculator:

But found it really high without the VO2max so found that by doing this:
    (max heart rate/resting heart rate) x 15 = VO2max

And to work this out I needed to find out my max heart rate, so I found out by doing this:
    220 - age = my max heart rate

And with all that I could use the calculator.

Now I need a lie down!!!
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    I had the basic target fitness HRM and used the calculator on the triathlon training site. Now that I have the next model up that does count the cals for you, I find that the calculator on the site gave a much higher reading but that was probaby because I didn't put in my Vo2 max.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    are you doing the calculation right?

IE (BODMAS)

just a thought

whoops sorry, I missed out the last bit :embarassed:

mind you it now says 0.23900574 :laugh:
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Regarding Polar HRMs, FT4 and above calculate calories.

FT4 and FT7 appear to be very popular on MFP, I recently bought the Polar FT4f from Amazon, it calculates calories a treat. I have called it Lottie and I luffs it. :heart:

Love it! I'm hoping to get my FT4 in the mail today. Now she needs a name :drinker: