When did you start noticing a difference?

Options
Hi guys, Just wondering when did you guys start noticing the "fat" coming off?

for me i just started this week. and heard it takes about a month to actually notice it. :) and also i love seeing BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES! so if you got any to share please do! :) X

ALSO forgot to mention that i took pictures before i started my diet so i can take pictures again for after if i feel like i am not seeing much of a difference but photos with same camera off-course used for the first pic, helps you keep on track. SO I HEARD! :)

Replies

• Lady_Lamb
    Lady_Lamb Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I usually notice my face getting thinner almost instantly once I start working out and eating right. After about a week or two, my little double chin goes away.
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to that! This is day 4 and I haven't noticed anything yet.
  • Mera_Mera
    Mera_Mera Posts: 153
    Options
    This is day 1 for me, since I started yesterday. I promise to let you know as soon as I can see any differences on me or on the pictures that I'll be taking of myself. I was thinking of posing with the same style of clothes for the next 3 months and taking pictures. One day, I'll make one of those crazy videos where it shows how you've changed over a period of time.

Best of luck to everyone.
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    This is day 1 for me, since I started yesterday. I promise to let you know as soon as I can see any differences on me or on the pictures that I'll be taking of myself. I was thinking of posing with the same style of clothes for the next 3 months and taking pictures. One day, I'll make one of those crazy videos where it shows how you've changed over a period of time.

Best of luck to everyone.

Aww YAY! cant wait! :) same here ...i took photos but i probably wont make a video.. will see haha! :P
  • jpowell3976
    jpowell3976 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Took me what felt like forever to see any difference. Everyone kept telling me they saw it, but I couldn't. I started taking pictures. That's when I could see it. I STILL can't see it when I look in the mirror...lol! Here is my last B & A...before I fell off the wagon during the holidays...lol! I'm up a little bit & fighting with the scale.

46 pounds lost. Took about 5 months to get here!
    ba46lbsdown.jpg
  • skedzie
    skedzie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    We all have to remember that we didn't get out of shape over night and so it's going to take a little while to whip it back into shape! Don't get discouraged. I have been at this for a couple of weeks and even though I'm down about 5-6 pounds I have only noticed it in my face and my clothes feel better. If you are exercising and eating healthy whole foods then you will see a big difference within 30 days (I say this to encourage myself along with everyone else!!LOL) Keep it up! Have a great day!:bigsmile:
  • Jayneoh
    Jayneoh Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi,

This is day 1 for me too!! good luck x
  • knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It took forever for me to notice! But around 20 pounds is when co-workers and friends started to notice. I agree taking pictures helps you realize how much progress you have made!
  • sandrasayre
    sandrasayre Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    most definitely a difference.!!!! awesome!!!
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    4 - 6 weeks

progress timescale over the last year

201112.JPG
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Took me what felt like forever to see any difference. Everyone kept telling me they saw it, but I couldn't. I started taking pictures. That's when I could see it. I STILL can't see it when I look in the mirror...lol! Here is my last B & A...before I fell off the wagon during the holidays...lol! I'm up a little bit & fighting with the scale.

46 pounds lost. Took about 5 months to get here!
    ba46lbsdown.jpg

WOW you look great! i can definitely see a difference! GOOD WORK! congratulations!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    After a ten pound loss. So about 5 weeks.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Took me about 40lbs to notice it in my arms and legs. Still as fat as ever in the torso!
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    It took a while for myself and people to notice a loss. I started out at 219 so when I had lost about 25-30 lbs is when people started to notice the difference.
  • jpowell3976
    jpowell3976 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Hope you have a ton of success! I love MFP!! :)
  • jenloumcbride
    jenloumcbride Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    generally speaking 20 lbs is about 1 dress size, so usually it is about there when people start to notice.
    Good Luck!:smile:
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    It took me a very long time to actually notice anything, even though people comment all of the time. My profile picture is one of the first where I actually noticed a good difference lol.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I took about 3 weeks for me to notice a difference. Once it started coming off though, it came off at a stead pace.
  • Thomas813
    Options
    I was 250 pounds in January 2011. I started training hard since then... Next thing I know 6 months later I dropped 60 pounds and my face was much thinner, I had to buy new clothes etc, I didnt really notice until one day I went to wear a suit for a function and what used to be a tight fit... I realized the thing was barely hanging on me. It was definately a pleasant (but expensive) surprise.
  • ni3121
    ni3121 Posts: 9
    Options
    I noticed a difference when I looked at my driver's license picture. It didn't even look like me!