What's my body doing?!

Options
lq022
lq022 Posts: 232 Member
I'm noticing that after high-impact exercises (for me: kickboxing, boxing conditioning, jogging on treadmill to a good sweat) that afterwards, I'm not very hungry... which is a good thing . but since I know I need the protein especially after the aerobics classes, I'll have a portion of protein and some veggies ... but once I start eating, then I become more hungry. Is this my bodys way of replenishing the calories, so I should give into the hunger ... or could it just be a psychological response?? Also, how does my metabolism play into all of this?

Replies

• slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I get the same on the days I've not been insane in exercise.

For me I drink a large glass of water and wait half an hour, if I'm still hungry then my body is definitely wanting more. If it goes away and doesn't come back for a couple of hours then you were just dehydrated or bored etc haha. Good luck with it, it's a toughie!
  • jeerzree
    Options
    I'm reverse after working out i'm starving!! well when i used to work out...............
  • lq022
    Options
    I try to drink alot of water afterwards but I have this notion in my head that I need the protein to rebuild muscle .... I dont know .. there are so many ways to do things when it comes to diet and exercise, and i just wish I knew what would work before I waste time on something that doesnt haha
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have to add that now I'm weight training and doing a lot of cardio, I'm literally eating my entire house. I'm ravenous 24/7 and you'd be horrified at what I can eat. I'm pretty slender and I can easily throw 3000+ healthy cals in myself!
  • lq022
    Options
    ^^ luckkyyyy ! haha Can we switch bodies???