Hi! Trying this again. I really want to stick with it this t

Options
I've been on MFP off and on for a couple of years now. I never can make it stick. But I really want to try hard this time!

I am 5'2". Usually around 155lbs...so overweight. I would be happy to be at 135. and at that point I could tackle trying to get to 125 or so.

Anyways, MFP always screws me up by adding back in your exercise calories. I think this is why I havent been successful. So if I want to lose 20 pounds, and I am eating 1200 calories a day, am I going to see some weight loss? Also, I am trying to exercise daily. At work I can use the gym here and usually do 40 minutes on the elliptical (technically an ARC trainer). According to the machine I am burning between 550-600 calories in those 40 minutes. I am sweating and going at a good speed I think.

I'm also trying to get another 20-30 minutes of exercise in at home at night. Either an old Tae Bo workout (which helped me lose alot of weight 9 years ago), or the 30 Day Shred or another Jillian Michaels workout. Or I can use an older elliptical machine I have at home.

So 40 minutes of ARC trainer at least 4 days a week + 25 minutes at night of workout dvd. Probably less on weekends, but still maybe 20-60 minutes of exercise if I really try to stick to it.

So should I try just eating the 1200 calories each day and not eating the calories I burned off? Is my exercise enough?

Replies

• ronniesgirl1982
    Options
    Hi there!
    I've been back using MFP for nealry 2 weeks now. I make sure I get my 1200 calories a day and I've lost 4lb in that short space of time. I don't eat back my exercise calories unless it's going to make me under my 1200 it's working for me this time around.