Stronger Better Faster March 11

Options
Good morning!
How is everyone doing? I'm tired. We had storms come in early this morning with thunder that shook the house, and I didn't go back to sleep after that. I seriously doubt I will get a nap today either.
This morning is horse therapy. I don't know what kind of exercise I am going to get in today since it's going to be raining all day and I don't want to exercise in front of my family. I need to get my push ups in at some point.
My "diet" has gone out the window this week. Maybe I'll make myself so sick of junk that I just won't want it. After this week is over I am going on the no sweets again until the 1st. I am limiting myself to sweets twice a month after this. At least that's the goal.
Anyway, I need to get ready for the day. Have a happy flappy!
MM

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    How is everyone doing? I'm tired. We had storms come in early this morning with thunder that shook the house, and I didn't go back to sleep after that. I seriously doubt I will get a nap today either.
    This morning is horse therapy. I don't know what kind of exercise I am going to get in today since it's going to be raining all day and I don't want to exercise in front of my family. I need to get my push ups in at some point.
    My "diet" has gone out the window this week. Maybe I'll make myself so sick of junk that I just won't want it. After this week is over I am going on the no sweets again until the 1st. I am limiting myself to sweets twice a month after this. At least that's the goal.
    Anyway, I need to get ready for the day. Have a happy flappy!
    MM
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm tired, too. With the shades drawn, it's so dark in the house - unfortunately, it's not much better with them open right now! I may have pushed myself a little hard getting back into aerobics - my knee was bothering me yesterday after I did my DVD. It was actually a 'Crunch' dance workout that I got off of Netflix - she went way too fast for me to actually learn the moves, so I'm sure I looked ridiculous just hopping around. :embarassed: I'm planning to go back to aerobics class at the Y tonight - I just have to remind myself to keep it low impact!

Trailrunner, welcome! I hope you find the new thread. We basically just all set fitness goals for ourselves and then post on our progress. We also just chat about what's going on in our lives. :smile:

Gotta get to work - happy workouts!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    My goal for the day: rest. I hate this goal. My other goal for the day: realizing that being actually sick is not an "excuse", it's a setback. I slept most of the day yesterday, and feel better this morning. I continue to look a new variety of worse every day, though.

I'm really frustrated by getting sick right when I was starting to get back into a serious workout groove. But, I keep telling myself that if I push too hard, I'll be sicker longer. Bleargh.

I did manage to get two hours of work on my current school project yesterday, so my goal is to repeat that today. Thank God for the power of the internet, and the fact that I can accomplish research without going to the library. Also, since I'm experience a little bit of cabin fever already, I managed to get some kitchen cabinet de-cluttering I've been meaning to do for ages yesterday. By Friday, maybe my apartment will be spotless. Maybe.:wink:

What's a start date/cut off date for the re-boot challenge? (Oooh, I kind of like that name. . .I feel like that's what I'm doing, re-booting my attitude/commitments/priorities.) Tax day is different up here, so that doesn't exactly translate. (Which reminds me, I need to do my taxes.) Maybe just pick an amount of time? Like six weeks from the start date? Should we start Monday. . .? Sorry, I'm full of questions today.

Take care of yourselves, pebbles.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I like the Re-boot challenge - start next Monday? We could go until Easter or Mother's Day. TrailRunner, where are you?

Yesterday, I went to that inconvenient yoga class, and of course, liked it. I still have many more to try. I don't think I'm going to go to her workshop though. I was asked to teach the set of three classes that weekend, and I figured I could just take her classes now and then and save some money. She lives near town, so I can always take her workshops at a later date. I'm going to take an Iyengar workshop in May instead.
    I also walked a bit.

Today: weights, yoga, and more walking - and it's raining and cold - yeah rain!

Working towards a Happy Flappy,

Mary
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I like Easter as a cut off, it's six weeks away. . .and anything longer is for me difficult to stay focused for.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Easter sounds good to me! I have to come up with some goals before Monday. Hmmm.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi All, yeah I didn't drop off the face of the earth, just my internet did. You have all been quite busy since I was on here last.

Goals today-none too much bus driving. That and I fell on the ice the other day and whacked my hip and arm badly. Maybe some tomorrow. We'll see.

See you all tomorrow.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Good to see you, Karen! And sorry about the fall - heal up soon. :flowerforyou:

Well, I was right - I am definitely not in as good shape as I was a few months ago! Today is my third day in a row exercising, and I am feeling sore all over. But I'm really glad to be getting back into it, even though I feel behind. Easter sounds good for a reboot!

OK, I need to get some sleep. Goodnight, pebbles! :smile: