when is excercise too much

Options
Everyday I do a minimal of 30 minutes normaly 45 on my tony little gazzle vigourus pace, And I got this ballys stationary rower do about 100 reps of situps using it daily and 2 reps of 20 rowing .My bally twister do about 3 reps of 15. I choose one thing like reverse fly or woodchop ect on my tension bands level is green. I do this everyday except one day per week,,, it this bad too much? it gives me room on my diet to eat enough.

Replies

• nevertellen34
    Options
    Everyday I do a minimal of 30 minutes normaly 45 on my tony little gazzle vigourus pace, And I got this ballys stationary rower do about 100 reps of situps using it daily and 2 reps of 20 rowing .My bally twister do about 3 reps of 15. I choose one thing like reverse fly or woodchop ect on my tension bands level is green. I do this everyday except one day per week,,, it this bad too much? it gives me room on my diet to eat enough.
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a perfect amount of exercise to me! As long as you feel good and don't feel like you're overdoing it, keep doing it!
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    I like to eat a lot, so I like to exercise a lot to earn those extra calories. I go for about 650-1,000 calories burned a day from exercise.

Then I really enjoy that frozen yogurt.

It's not possible to work out too much if you are properly fueling your body and feeling good. :smile:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I respectfully disagree about it not being possible to workout too much. If you don't have rest days, or easy days, you will eventually injure yourself.

I don't think you are over working your body though. You may be over strength training though. If you don't give your muscles a rest, they do not have a chance to rebuild.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I too agree on rest days. I've always heard that it's best to work a set of muscles one day and let them rest the next.
    My other thought on exercise is not to do more than you can commit to long term. I've seen people who will spend hours at the gym but because life gets busy cannot keep it up. They end up gaining weight back.
  • GameOver
    GameOver Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My other thought on exercise is not to do more than you can commit to long term.

Great advise, in my opinion!
  • nevertellen34
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    cardio is fine everyday 7 days a week -

Strength training that does need rest days-

I weight train 3-4 days a week- some people do a little more just switch up the muscle groups your work.

On tuesdays i work Chest and Triceps/ Cardio

On Wednesday I work lower body muscles/Cardio

On thursday Biceps and Back/Cardio

Friday I do work abs /Cardio

Sat- Straight up cardio

Sunday (if I go) is Cardio as well

Mondays are my off days :yawn:

When I work my muscles I feel them- After triceps and Chest im not sore the next day its the 2nd day (Thursday) that I am feeling it the most

When I work legs (wednesday) I feel them On Friday the most

When I work back and biceps (thursday) I feel them the most on Saturday

And my abs ahhh I feel them the entire weekend and Monday--

I love the sore feeling though it lets me know I am really pushing my muscles but in a good way because I am also giving them a chance to rebuild and get stronger
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Seems fine. Just don't do weight training on the same muscle groups on consecutive days.