When are you going to be done with MFP?

Options

Replies

• MonkeyMoo08
    Options
    Not sure I'd ever want to be done with MFP. When I reach my ultimate goal weight, I think I will be making much better choices and on some days, may be able to stay low on calories without even tracking. However, I think it's an accountability tool that I'll still want to use even when I'm simply maintaining and no longer trying to lose weight.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Only when/if I want to gain the weight back......LOL! I actually came to MFP after I had lost the weight. I have gained some back, and am now want to lose at least a part of that amount. I had used a site the BC/BS Nebraska had us use to track exercise. Found MFP when they quit doing that, and while I don't log as faithfully as I should sometimes, I like being here and reading the stories/successes/problems/etc.
    Kaye
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I won't say that I will always log every day faithfully after so long but I will come on to keep my days and support my pals...Hopefully in the future I will have my own fitness blog and be able to still maintain the same drive there as I have here...I have made family here and it is no way I can feel complete without my friends...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'll probably stop using it when they start blocking it at work. I'll miss it, but I'm not worried about gaining weight without it.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    When a better (free) app comes out. So far this one has worked well for my weight maintenance.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    It's strange to think about, since logging food has become an everyday routine for me. But someday we're all going to stop using the app or the website to count calories. Can you imagine life without MFP? Are you afraid your bad habits will return?

Personally, once I reach my UGW and use the app to help me maintain for a bit, I'll probably stop coming on here. Although I might still lurk the forums a bit.
    How about you?
    I might lose interest at some point - out grow the community and seek something more focused on peak fitness specific to tennis or some other common interest.

I will need to address this in May.
    For now I enjoy MFP, and all is well.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    A couple of different scenarios could end my MFP relationship.

- My work finds out and blocks the site (I don't log in at home)

-I get p*ssed off at something or someone and bail.

-I p*ss off the powers that be and get booted.

-I can't deal with all the women that are stalking me and sexually harrassing me.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Never. It has an option for maintaining. I can't do it without MFP.

^^^ This. Already on maintainence and I keep coming here so that I don't gain the weight back and can continue to give and receive support. What we do to lose weight is how we keep it off, except we get to eat more.
  • ottenicole
    ottenicole Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for 15 days now & I'm addicted! If I didn't have it, I probably would have already stopped watching what I eat & exercising as much. I love it that so many people are behind you on here...the motivation is what keeps me strong! I'm staying on here even after I reach my goal so that I'll stay focused & that way I can continue to motivate others!! Please feel free to add me:)
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Easy December 21st 2012. That's when the world will end and I do not think the Rapture allows you to use the internet. Plus with all the running we are going to be doing to escape hells fury it should keep me in crazy shape and my stamina is going to be sick
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    As soon as MT42P is up and running.
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I will keep logging on here, but I don't know about how often I will or won't be on the forums. I'm on the computer all day at work, so I would most likely end up wandering back in here even when I reach my goal weight. I think it will keep me maintaining my weight better to stay here!
  • aahmed77
    Options
    I think I'll log forever. If not on MFP, on the next best website or app. On the news this morning, one of the doctors reported that only 20% of Americans keep the weight off. She recommended keeping a diet journal to help improve the chances of weight maintenance.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Those persons that have been on here a while then stop..............Is that what they are doing?........being done because they achieved their goal? I have wondered this too. I do not think I will stop as the site helps keep me accountable for my actions/ choices. There is support here that I do not get elsewhere.
    I also like the threads..............until they are locked or disappear
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I see no reason to give it up - Even on maintenance I use it to control my intake - i.e. both to 'fuel' my running and to prevent over eating.
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    As of right now, I don't see myself stopping. I feel like I will need to keep logging to hold myself accountable for what I'm eating to maintain my weight. Logging has become a habit, & I can't believe I just have 20 lbs left & could be at goal in a matter of a few short months. I am afraid that if I stopped logging altogether, I would eat too much & gain weight back, which terrifies me!

I agree about adding new goals. Once I achieve my weight goal, I will always have to keep other goals ahead of me to keep me motivated & working hard. I will probably have areas I want to tone more, run more races & try to improve my time, etc. I am thinking about becoming a Zumba instructor eventually, because I know that would help keep me on track!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I will continue using MFP as long as it's available. If it's ever gone, I will find another "logging" program. I will never stop counting!
  • JimieLou
    JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Never. It has an option for maintaining. I can't do it without MFP.

This!! I'm on MFP more than I am Facebook now.....I can't do without it or my support network! I love my MFP friends!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it here, enjoy logging food. It's amazing to see the calories in things. I think I'll be here for a long time lol
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Right now I don't see me ever voluntarily leaving MFP. It's a great tool and to maintain my weight long term it will be very helpful.