How can I burn the fat on my thighs?

2»

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    ZUMBA!!!
    Because is a dance based cardio workout, it works maily your legs and buttocks... give it a try, the average calorie burn for 60 miutes of Zumba is 520!!

Calorie burn depends on weight, exertion, age and fitness level.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Easiest way I have found is to take a match, light it, stick it between your thighs :)

When a women wants you to light a fire inbetween their legs, that's not what she means. :laugh:
  • Easiest way I have found is to take a match, light it, stick it between your thighs :)

When a women wants you to light a fire inbetween their legs, that's not what she means. :laugh:

Dang, thats not what they mean when they say its getting hot in here.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Sadly, the above posters are correct, you can't spot reduce fat :( Totally sucks, my thighs and *kitten* are big and the rest of me tiny. I wish my body would pick some of my thigh fat to burn for a change.

Edit: I tried Zumba - I was completely uncoordinated.. because I spent most of the time trying to figure out the moves, I probably didn't burn many calories. I find step aerobics or jogging a better fat burner.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Sadly, the above posters are correct, you can't spot reduce fat :( Totally sucks, my thighs and *kitten* are big and the rest of me tiny. I wish my body would pick some of my thigh fat to burn for a change.

Edit: I tried Zumba - I was completely uncoordinated.. because I spent most of the time trying to figure out the moves, I probably didn't burn many calories. I find step aerobics or jogging a better fat burner.
    If you were moving, you were burning.

Do it enough, you catch on, but it does take some time.
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    I absolutely hate my thighs too! Just Gotta keep up the diet and exercise routines... Seems like it was easier to lose the weight than it is to tone everything up now
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    I have done a great job at building muscles for my calves and I have amazing calf muscles, but I have huge thighs! I weight about 184 and my thighs, next to my stomach, are the worst part about my body. I'm looking for exercise that can burn the fat and build some muscle on my thighs.

Do you guys have any suggestions?
    By burning fat everywhere.

As some have already mentioned, you don't get to pick where fat loss occurs.

Sorry.....
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    If you want to build muscle in your thighs and butt. Squats and lunges. And lots of them. Doing cardio to burn fat will reduce your overall body fat %.
  • jogging/running really helped mine. x

^^I agree, running and lunges and tons of squats!
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    With diet and exercise (cardio and weight training), fat comes off everywhere. It's more noticeable in the smaller areas of your body....that's why people think you can spot reduce....but you can't.

Best thing to do is get a body fat caliper and track your body fat %. The lower the number, the leaner you get/look.

MUSLCE BURNS FAT....so make sure you have a weight lifting program too.
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    What worked for me was lunges. I was afraid that my thighs would just bulk up instead of shrinking, but I've lost about 3 inches from each in the past few months. The dvds I usually do are Jillian's Banish Fat, Boot Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones, and The Biggest Loser Cardio Maxx (this one has serious lunges). At first I could barely do any, but now I can actually go down so low my back knee hits the ground and I hardly feel a burn. Squats will help as well. I still have some fat in the inner part of my thigh, but from my knee to almost 3/4's of the way up looks so much slimmer.

Cardio Max lunges are killer,especially when you put that jump in between them! Ugggg!!!
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    i had massive thighs before i got an exercise bike i use it 30-40mins a day and also do 60mins fast pace walking this seems to work for me good luck!
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Forgot to add.....

Take measurements of your thighs, hips, waist and chest. This will definitely be proof of losing body fat all over.