I am stuck in a rut...

Options
I joined MFP in September and have lost 11 pounds since. I have been eating within my calorie range (and eating back most of my exercise calories). I am even working out more than my projected goal. I have my goal set to lose 1lb per week, but I have not lost anything since the beginning of December. Does anyone have any tips or advice?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How much are you still trying to lose? Also, can you make your diary public so we can evaluate it.
  • time2bhealthy
    time2bhealthy Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I would eventually like to lose 10 more pounds but I am not sure if it is possible. I am short (5'1 1/2) and have a medium bone structure. I have always been curvy and feel it is hard to lose weight. I just made my diary public. To be honest, this week I have not planned my meals as well as usual. I do have a sweet tooth and allow myself 1/2 cup of ice cream each night....maybe that's my problem?
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Well at that point, you should set your weight loss goal to .5 lb per week. Also how much do you weigh? You might be at a point where body recomposition is more important and weight is less important.

ps - I notice a lot of processed foods in there as well as white/simple sugars. All can affect it too.
  • time2bhealthy
    Options
    I currently weigh 130. I have noticed that I am eating a lot of processed foods...especially lately. I guess I was hoping that as long as I stayed under my calorie goals, I can eat whatever I want, lol...I guess that is not the case. I guess I should plan my snacks/meals better. Thanks :)
  • badbull69
    badbull69 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I currently weigh 130. I have noticed that I am eating a lot of processed foods...especially lately.

Let me introduce myself. Im Bull (aka David). Im training to compete in Oct. maybe, if not then March 2013. Granted our diets will be different, but I have always heard and obey, processed foods out! The only thing I eat that is processed right now is coffee creamer. and I have way to much of that 8 tbsps. And I rarely eat carbs after 5.30. Its an extreme, but I have seen results. If I can figure how to open my food to you I would. I eat the same thing, almost everyday. Boring....yes, but! I know exactly what and how much is going into my body. Usually every 10 days, I'll change the food. But I can admit. Weekends are bad for me...
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I currently weigh 130. I have noticed that I am eating a lot of processed foods...especially lately. I guess I was hoping that as long as I stayed under my calorie goals, I can eat whatever I want, lol...I guess that is not the case. I guess I should plan my snacks/meals better. Thanks :)

Unfortunately, you get to a point where a clean diet is required. This becomes very true while trying to tone up and build muscle. Do you exercise?
  • time2bhealthy
    Options
    I do exercise. I am currently doing the 30 day shred. I want to start increasing my strength training. I love to work out and try to do something each day, even if it is only 20 minutes to an hour.
  • badbull69
    badbull69 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I do exercise. I am currently doing the 30 day shred. I want to start increasing my strength training. I love to work out and try to do something each day, even if it is only 20 minutes to an hour.

Have you tried HIIT=high intensity interval training yet?
  • time2bhealthy
    Options
    I haven't. Is that a specific program? I will have to look into it :)