Best burger low calorie

anyone got a good relatively low calorie burger

Xx

Replies

• staceycamp
    staceycamp Posts: 39 Member
    I actually like the Jenny O Turkey Burgers. They are not bad. On a whole wheat bun....
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Google "Jamie Olivers crackin burger"
    My wife and I have these all the time.
    With 1/4 avocado on top its only 360calories a burger.

Jenny O is good but the sodium intake on them is high.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    does it have to be a burger burger? because i love some of the veggie ones particularly morningstar brand.
  • I like chicken burgers on whole wheat buns.

- Bake some chicken
    - get a whole wheat bun.
    - put chicken on the bun
    - top with skim mozerella or not cheese.
    - add some low calorie sauce if you want.
    - add veggies.
    - eat.
    :D

You can even use sandwich thins (100 calorie.)
    All in all it's like 300-400 calories.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    I like Harvestland & Jennie-O Turkey Burgers. I much prefer the fresh patties to the frozen.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 977 Member
    Not everyone in my house eats ground poultry or veggie patties. What works for us is replacing some of the lean ground beef with cooked bulgur. I got this tip from Shape Magazine. The tip was for making tacos, but we've done it with almost every recipe that calls for ground beef. The bulgur is almost the same consistancy as the beef so you don't feel like your missing anything.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    We don't care much for prepared burgers. Hubby likes using a lean ground chuck and I like ground turkey or a pork patty. We had loads of veggies and if I need more cals, I add avocado! YUM! I load mine up with tomato, spinach, mushrooms and onions usually. I try to find a multi-grain bun or roll. Sometimes I don't even have that, if I have all the veggies piled up. :happy:

And I also love black bean burgers and doing a portabella mushroom "burger" as my veggie options! :love: