Hello everyone!

Options
Hello MFP community! I'm loyemarie from sunny Florida. I've done WW countless times (kaching, kaching....) and although I think it's a great program, MFP is free and from what I've been reading, a lot of former WW peeps like this as much or better. So here I am.

I'm in my mid-50s, have a wonderful, supportive family. My husband is the most patient man in the world to put up with me working this weight issue out. (BTW, he's been about 35 pounds overweight for a long time, and recently joined the loseit.com community. He's doing great and I think it will be fun to compare our two programs!). I have 3 daughters, only one of which lives at home, but she goes to school/works so we don't see her a lot! Daughter #1 is working on her masters degree in cello performance, Daughter #2 will be finished with school in July with a degree in Horticulture/public relations. Daughter #3 is the one living at home. They are all delightful, and a joy to have in our family.

I'm very involved with my church, and I work part time for News America Marketing.

My issues are very common - food has become more than sustenance. I think it may be more habit than anything, but a really strong one at that! I feel as I get older, the urge to eat for the wrong reasons is getting stronger. I think the key may be to find something to replace it. Exercise would be the most logical option, but I have always seen it as the "e word", never to be spoken in polite company :P I have no real excuse not to exercise except I am lazy that way, and I hate to get sweaty. I think I will have to get over myself and realize exercise HAS to be part of the equation for lasting success.

I could really use some online support, and I'm anxious to BE a support to all of you!

loyemarie