I'm back....

Options
It seems I need to work on consistency. I come and go to this site when I feel like I need to lose weight. It works, but the problem is that I get to my goal and then I stop coming here. Then I eat like crap and stop working out. All of a sudden, my pants don't fit and I am back to losing weight again. At one point in March 2010, I was down to 112. In almost two years, I gained 16 pounds. Yikes! Granted, I did have a baby during that time, so I know that is part of it. So, now I am back to try to get back down to that weight. Any tips for maintaining and keeping my butt in gear once I get back to my goal?!

Thanks!

Replies

• cmgehrke
    cmgehrke Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    try to be conscious of how good it feels after you've worked out- and how much better you feel after you've fueled your body with healthy food. do a cheat every week- and actually enjoy how good it tastes!!! be healthy, if not for you- for your family :)
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people just continue to log their calories here and set their goal to maintenance. It's just a matter of staying aware of what you're eating and how much you're burning. If you want to keep the weight off, it's gonna take dedication. True, a lot of people maintain just fine without logging every day...but maybe for you, that won't be the case. I feel you, though. I come and go all the time it seems. LOL Atleast you keep coming back though :) That's saying something!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Just stay on the website and we can all do it together!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Never stop logging! Even if you are bad. Having it right in front of you stops it before it gets too out of control.
  • tamerkins2
    Options
    I know a lot of people just continue to log their calories here and set their goal to maintenance. It's just a matter of staying aware of what you're eating and how much you're burning. If you want to keep the weight off, it's gonna take dedication. True, a lot of people maintain just fine without logging every day...but maybe for you, that won't be the case. I feel you, though. I come and go all the time it seems. LOL Atleast you keep coming back though :) That's saying something!

True! Thank you!
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Don't have more babies?
  • flstarlady65
    Options
    I am back too. I need to also realize that keeping track of food is the most important thing. The second most important thing is consistancy and putting the right thing in your mouth. Low fat, calorie and carbs seem to work best for me. Like my son said to me the other day...it's easy to put it on but hard to take it off. :smile:
  • tamerkins2
    Options
    Don't have more babies?

Done and done!! Two is enough - one boy and one girl. We are for SURE done!!
  • jahnlaw
    jahnlaw Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    We might have been separated at birth. I feel the same way. I know as a certainity if i I go off program then I will gain weight. That's bad enough but its even worse if I didn't learn what worked or didn't work. You are doing the right thing coming back here and getting back on track. Good luck!
  • Prozack1964
    Options
    welcome back hope you have a great day
  • tamerkins2
    Options
    Never stop logging! Even if you are bad. Having it right in front of you stops it before it gets too out of control.

That does make sense. If I am not accountable for it, I will eat anything. When I am on here, I am so conscious about what I eat, because I really don't want to see my numbers go over!
  • emmy0417
    emmy0417 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm the exact same way. I use the website when I'm down and out and need to get back on track - and it works - it's awesome! ! Then I lose some weight, get excited (and hungry) and eat whatever I want, get lazy, eat some more and that's a wrap.
    I think the most important thing to remember is that losing weight has to be a real lifestyle change. And when you lose that weight, if this website is the external control that keeps you honest, then don't stop using it! Even if your workouts change, your eating habits change - keep logging it. It will show you just how easy it is and how quickly you get off track.
    It's so exciting to lose that weight and then think - ok, I achieved my goal and I'm done. But if you always gain it back due to lifestyle choices or bad habits, it's not really a completed task. Make this a part of your daily routine - your schedule, something you know you just have to do everyday. You know the more you use it the easier it gets.
    Don't forget how good it feels to finally hit your goal! That will really help you make the right choices :)