Biggest Loser Binge!

Options
singfree
singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
After watching the Black Team pig out, I'm amazed that I am actually seeing any progress. I usually eat clean, but have a glass of red wine in the evening now and then. WOW...what an eye opener!

Replies

• singfree
    Options
    After watching the Black Team pig out, I'm amazed that I am actually seeing any progress. I usually eat clean, but have a glass of red wine in the evening now and then. WOW...what an eye opener!
  • SallyAnn
    SallyAnn Posts: 43
    Options
    I think the black team went way overboard. It is like a teenager who gets out of a restrictive home for the first time. If you have a glass or two of red wine a month......it is much better than going on a binge and drinking the whole bottle.

If you feel a red wine need try making a spritzer.

P.S. What was the former brown team kid (Ron's son) doing in the bar?
  • singfree
    Options
    Trying to make Ron proud. Sorry. I was thinking the same thing, too.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    P.S. What was the former brown team kid (Ron's son) doing in the bar?

Same thing they did with Dane crossing the finish line, TELEVISION! Besides, Mike was pretty good, he was the BL on the team and if he did drink they didn't show it on tv. They were there as a production group for a television show and he IS part of the show and there is a bit of doing what the crew is telling you to do too.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

I'm with you there. The amount I cheat it's been no wonder I don't weigh more!:indifferent:
  • beagle595
    beagle595 Posts: 226
    Options
    It was horrible what the Black Team Did. They better straighten out their heads or they'll never make it at home and will have all their weight back in a instant. I think it only hit Tara hard/ she didn't lose. And to light up a cigarette after how many weeks... :noway: :noway: :noway: I want them all to succeed!
  • singfree
    Options
    This had to have been the most shocking & saddening (not to mention maddening) BL episode. If they are going to binge on campus, what hope do they have at home? And to see Shannon smoke was enough to make me sick.
  • Nich0le
    Options
    Yes it was unfortunate and in the same situation we can only guess how we would react individually or as part of a group. It was a great episode though because it shows you how one night of just letting yourself go or having your "cheat day" can lead to no loss or worse a gain.

As far as Shannon smoking, her daughter was right! When one team member had to go home at the beginning her daughter made her stay because she knew on campus that Shannon wouldn't be able to smoke and at home she would. As the wife of a former smoker and child or two former smokers I can tell you that it is a very hard habit to quit, it took my husband 3 years of trial and error and then one day he just stopped, said the smell made him sick.

Anyway, let their mess up be our lesson and keep us all focused on why we are all doing what we are doing! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I agree!! The binge made me so angry!!!!:explode: What an opportunity these people have!!!!! Thousands of people would give almost anything to be on the BL campus. Their actions were disgraceful!:mad: I'm not saying they shouldn't have enjoyed themselves and maybe over-ondulged a little, but.... shots, bar snacks, no exercise, and the complete disrespect they showed for the blue team?:explode: :explode: :explode:

As for Filipe-- I don't quite get the whole Jillian dynamic and why she didn't train him that day. But he also didn't say anything to her at the time- an opportunity lost. His "disappointing" weight loss this week, however, was entirely his own fault, not his issue with trainers. He ate like a slovenly pig and didn't deserve to win the weigh-in.:mad:
  • Nich0le
    Options
    As for Filipe-- I don't quite get the whole Jillian dynamic and why she didn't train him that day. But he also didn't say anything to her at the time- an opportunity lost. His "disappointing" weight loss this week, however, was entirely his own fault, not his issue with trainers. He ate like a slovenly pig and didn't deserve to win the weigh-in.:mad:

Fillipe is an excuse maker, he didn't blame his eating or lack of self motivation to work himself out he blamed Jillian. Who is he gonna blame when he gets home and puts the weight back on?
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Filipe, just plain ticked me off. I understand him being upset but to yell and slam his fist on the table, he acted like a two year old. :noway: I lost all respect I had for him. I wanted him to go home! :grumble:

Edit to add: If he had a problem with Jillian (and I do believe she should have worked him), then he should have spoken to her that day, not wait and then act like he did!
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    Well, I for one took the pig-out to heart. It really disappointed me that they did this and to see the difference in calories consumed by the two teams was literally sickening.

Well, I had lunch with my son today at BJ's Restaurand for his birthday and the first thing that ran through my mind was "What would Jillian approve of?" I chose from the appetizer menu the crispy thin crust fresh basil with italian sausage pizza and only ate half of it (but then blew it helping my son eat his pizookie:explode: ) Then, when I got back to work I looked up PF Chang's menu as I'm going there for dinner for two of my sisters' birthdays. I will be having one serving of the almond and cashew chicken at 280 calories.

So, for me, it really helped me to stay on track today. There's no telling what I would have done had I not watched BL last night.