do you eat the same food almost everyday?

Options
I've gotten into this routine that i mostly eat the same things each day because they are low calorie and easy. I don't know if this is such a great thing...but it happens. I was wondering if there were other people like this. Basically i live off of 100 calorie popcorn bags, clementines, and diet soda...i eat dinner differently each day but that's typically it.

Replies

• vittix
    vittix Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i have oatmeal 1/2 bannana and coffee. On the week end i may make pancakes for everyone. I only buy foods/snacks that are low cal so i kinda have something diff
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, Yes
    Lunch, Most of the Time
    Dinner, Varies
  • tseecka
    tseecka Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat the same thing for breakfast every day...but that's because I've been eating the same thing for breakfast every day since I was in first grade XD I love me some cereal and milk!

Dinner is pretty much always different, and I usually try to save some to have for my lunch the next day. Aside from that, though, the rest of my lunch--what I graze on for the nine hours I'm at work--doesn't change much.

I think that as long as I'm keeping what I'm eating balanced, it doesn't matter too much if it's all the same. XD A veggie is a veggie is a veggie, and all that.

The only time I really switch things up is on the weekends. I don't do my logs over the weekends, because I usually try to stick right to it during the week and those are "off days" for me. It keeps me from getting frustrated/hating my life, haha!
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, Yes
    Lunch, Most of the Time
    Dinner, Varies

Same for me, pretty much. I switch up my lunches week by week, but I love when you can take the guesswork out of an otherwise stressful day.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    My husband and step-daughter usually have something different from me a tea time so I'll end up having pretty much the same thing for 2 or 3 nights - stuff will go off otherwise...suits me though because it's yummy!! Breakfast pretty much consists of 2 eggs done various ways :-))
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, Yes
    Lunch, Most of the Time
    Dinner, Varies

This^^...I am the same way. I have the same breakfast and lunch on work days most of the time with very little change. Dinner is the only thing that really varies for me.....I prefer to figure out a menu that works for me calorie/protein wise and stick with it if I like it. Just makes things easier for me and helps keep me in check.
  • princesspeach577
    princesspeach577 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm similar to you. I have meals that are low calorie that I rotate. I've been trying to find new things to add more variety.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, Yep! Love my Fage!
    Lunch and Dinner vary among a variety of standbys with occasional treats, although dinner tends to be more varied.

Now that I'm in maintenance and have more calories to work with, I have a lot more standbys and can treat myself a bit more often =)
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I eat the exact same breakfast everyday...oatmeal with some sort of dried or fresh fruit (hooked on dried cranberries right now)

Lunch is usually a tuna sandwhich w/ cucumber "chips" some sort of wrap, burrito, or pita with tons of veggies

and dinner varies (but I have about 7 recipes that I pretty much stick to)

I found this article about the benefits of eating the same food everyday:

http://www.prevention.com/fitness/fitness-tips/worst-workout-mistakes-elliptical-trainer-machine
  • _AshLynn
    _AshLynn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    That's great to hear. I've been getting concerned with eating the same food, because I am such a OCD person I like routine and rituals. My husband thinks that because of the same foods it is boarderline eating disorder. Hmmm...not too sure if I would agree....but to each is own. I think it takes a lot of temptation away. Thinking you can eat whatever as long as it is in your calorie range would lead you to take that cookie vs. a person who doesn't go outside their diet routines...just my opinion though. Takes the guess work out of it just a bit more.