Water Question

Options
GameOver
GameOver Posts: 90 Member
So, I know the rule is to drink 8 8oz glasses of water a day, but should you drink more if you exercise? Just like you earn extra exercise calories, do you "earn" extra water glasses?

Replies

• GameOver
    Options
    So, I know the rule is to drink 8 8oz glasses of water a day, but should you drink more if you exercise? Just like you earn extra exercise calories, do you "earn" extra water glasses?
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Yes. There is lots of info about that on mfp. :smile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Drink as much as you need. It's difficult to over hydrate (although it can be done... water intoxication).

I usually drink 10-12 glasses a day, myself.
  • marisa0918
    marisa0918 Posts: 178
    Options
    Yes. I ususally drink at least 100- 120 oz a day
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 10-12/ day now too. The more the better. Here's the thing...Your urine should not change the color of the toilet water=perfect hydration. Remember you drink fluids that are also dehydrating eg. caffeine.:drinker:
  • GameOver
    Options
    Wow. Thanks! I need to step it up. I'm barely getting 8 now!
  • tsinclair
    tsinclair Posts: 11
    Options
    I hate to admit this, but I currently drink very little water. Is there a trick to getting in the habit of drinking more?
  • jspruden05
    Options
    Tip to drinking more water..... ALWAYS carry a bottle of water with you! I treat my water bottle like other people treat their Blackberry. And if you like flavor, try those Crystal Light packets, they're delicious. Oh, but if your a water bottle freak like me, remember to be GREEN... reuse your Zephyrhills plastics or buy a reuseable bottle.
  • desirea2006
    desirea2006 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm not such a good green person cuz there is no convience here at work for me to re-fill the water bottle. But I hated water too until I read somewhere on MFP to always keep a bottle on your desk. I buy a case of water every week and bring it here. Instead of walking across the hanger to get a soda, I just reach down and grab a bottle of water. Although the walk would be good the end result is too many extra calories in that soda.