needing help getting over plateau

Options
Valqis
Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
:explode:
I have lost 25 pounds since the first of the year, and have about gotten under 200 for the first time in 8 years, but I have been hovering around 202-203 for the past week and a half. I have started working out 5 days a week, as opposed to 3 but still am not seeing any reduction in weight. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.
:mad:

Replies

• Valqis
    Options
    I have lost 25 pounds since the first of the year, and have about gotten under 200 for the first time in 8 years, but I have been hovering around 202-203 for the past week and a half. I have started working out 5 days a week, as opposed to 3 but still am not seeing any reduction in weight. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

watch your sodium and boost your workout by 30minutes if possible
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    it's normal to have some times when you don't lose anything. Be patient and keep at it.
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    how much are you eating?
  • Valqis
    Options
    1200-1350 calories a day
  • megancolleen
    Options
    Good job on the 25 pounds :smile: Here are a few things that have worked in my weight rollar coaster over the past 3 years.. work out more (trying walking an extra 20 minutes) , cut sodium out, try cutting out white bread for a week and see if you see any results.. hope this helps..

Megan
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    My whole life is a plateau...
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    Do a search for "plateau" threads on here, and you will get a LOAD of info. i've been at one too for about 9 months! Finally I think it's my fat intake, i was getting too much.
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    don't want to start a debate, but men shouldn't go below 1700 calories per day. Since you have been doing this for a while, your body has stopped letting go of it's extra, cause you haven't been feeding it enough. It is afraid and has slowed your metabolism to conserve what it has left. Check out some of the posts on eating enough calories.
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    I am having the same problem.....but I have been here for nearly a month. I gained 3 lbs in one week (some personal problems....) but then lost them the next week. Since then, for the last two weeks....nothing. Then this week I finally lost 1 pound. I do 40 minutes of cardio 4 days a week, anywhere from 4.0-5.5 on the treadmill. This is what I have been doing since the beginning and have lost 20. I wasn't really eating my exercise calories in the beginning but saw so many people on here say that you're supposed to eat some/most of them so I started. I think that is when I started plateauing. I usually eat about 1200-1300 calories/day and on exercise days, around 1600. Should I be eating less of my exercise calories??? Ugh! I just don't know what is right for me. I got a new exercise video so I am going to do some more cardio and hope for the best, I guess!!!
  • Valqis
    Options
    wait a minute, how many calories should i be consuming? I have trouble even eating the 1200 a day, as I seem to stay full all day as it is. I drink an average of a half gallon of water a day, and eat 3 moderate size meals plus 2-3 small snacks a day, and even then i find myself having another 50-60 calories left to hit 1200, which is what i have been told not to go under :noway: . Based on my goals, I am supposed to consume 1310 a day, with no exercise at all.

HELP!!!