Whats your favorite smoothie recipe?

Options
I am just wondering because I am looking for a new one. Here is my fave...

4 or 5 frozen strawberries
1/2 or 1 whole banana(depends on how big of a smoothie you want)
3/4(individual serving size)container of fat free or light vanilla yogurt(I use yoplait light vanilla)
1/4 cup milk
4 or 5 ice cubes

I make this almost everytime because I like it and my kids love it. So I am usually sharring with them. But I am kind of starting to get a little bored with it. I would love to try some new ones. Any fruit(or veggie) smoothie recipes are greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Replies

• emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is my "Oh So Berry Chocolate Smoothie"
    I think I posted this on another thread yesterday..... I'm going crazy over smoothies - I'm totally addicted! :laugh:
    I had this one yesterday and thought I was in heaven!!!

Soy Slender - Soy Milk Chocolate (No Sugar Added) 1 cup
    Kroger Private Selection - Mixed Frozen Berries, 0.5 cup
    Strawberries - Raw, 1 cup, halves
    Spectrum Essentials - Ground Premium Flax Seed With Mixed Berries, 1 TBSP (optional)

calories 194
    carbs 27
    potassium 523
    protein 11
    fiber 14
    sodium 127
  • jamielr84
    jamielr84 Posts: 545
    Options
    Do you replace meals with them or just have them as a snack?
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I am bumping this thread because I love smoothies....I have too many that are my "favorites"!!!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered the Monster Green Spinach Smootie (http://iowagirleats.com/2012/01/04/my-top-secret-diet-weapon/), which sounded awful to me - banana, peanut butter, greek yogurt, almond milk and SPINACH?? But the claim was that you couldn't taste the spinach at all, so I gave it a shot - and LOVED it! The second time around I changed the recipe a bit and had it for lunch:

1 banana
    Trader Joe's Greek Honey Yogurt (half or full container, whatever you want)
    Vanilla protein powder
    Juice (I used Dole Orange Peach Mango last time)
    3 - 4 cups of fresh spinach
    ice

When summer rolls around I will try it with different fruits and juices. Coconut milk might be good too. I've read that if you use strawberries or blueberries, it turns the smoothie more of a brown color as it mixes with the spinach, but still tastes good!

Edited to add:

This one is pretty good too, but wasn't creamy enough for my taste. I didn't use Almond Milk, just regular skim, but might like it better with some vanilla greek yogurt and less protein powder. It was still tasty though, and a nice switch from the fruity smoothies.

Mocha Almond Smoothie

Ingredients:
    1 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk
    1/2 Cup Espresso or Strong Coffee (regular or decaf)
    1 Scoop Vanilla Protein
    1 Tbsp Chocolate Powder
    Sprinkle of Cinnamon
    Ice

Directions:
    Mix all ingredients in the blender until smooth. Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts:
    Calories: 200
    Fat: 3g
    Protein: 19g
  • jmp1031
    jmp1031 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am bumping this thread because I love smoothies....I have too many that are my "favorites"!!!

Me too! i make smoothies all the time for me and my boys with whatever we have around. would love to see some other ideas :o)
  • volvol16
    volvol16 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I make one every morning for breakfast I put the following in:

1 banana (raw)
    1 cup strawberries
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1 cup Almond Milk (vanilla, unsweetened)
    1/2 scoop Juice Plus complete protein powder (vanilla)

I replace this for my breakfast, but I usually have an apple or clementines inbetween breakfast and lunch.
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JillyBeanMcCullough
    Options
    I kind of use them as meal replacements when I make them. If I have it for breakfast that is all I have. If I have it for lunch I usually have something small with it.
  • Sarahrachael82
    Sarahrachael82 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I kind of use them as meal replacements when I make them. If I have it for breakfast that is all I have. If I have it for lunch I usually have something small with it.

I was just thinking to start doing the same.... As a meal replacement! Any success people??
  • buglass10
    buglass10 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tannerjared
    tannerjared Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    BUMP
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    1/3 of a cup frozen raspberries
    5 ounces of orange juice
    ice
    blend it... very refreshing in the summertime
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    We got a blender set for our wedding in August...and I haven't used it yet...very excited to see some of these drinks on here...since I've never made a smoothie or anythign I will have to try somet of these :)
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    i use ideal shape meal replacement shake as my base/protein powder, though it is not the same as regular protein powder.

I add frozen fruit and unsweetened almond milk.

my favorite is the chocolate mix, almond milk, 2 tbsp reduced fat PB, and some dry mix sugar free butterscotch pudding. It tastes like a butterfinger candy bar!!! soooo good. I use different pudding mixes (lemon with fruit, banana, cheesecake, etc) because it thickens and adds flavor for about 20cals.
  • melbaby925
    Options
    This is my new favorite:

Mango Colada Protein Smoothie:

- Frozen Mango Chunks (unsweetened)
    - Frozen Pineapple chunks (unsweetened - I get the cut fresh chunks and portion them, toss in the freezer and then dump in the blender when I want them)
    - Organic coconut water
    - 1 scoop Bluebonnet French Vanilla Whey Protein powder

Blend for about 5 minutes to get it really frothy

I have this and a mixed berry smoothie - made the same way, just with the Dole unsweetened mixed berries instead first thing in the morning before I work out! YUM. If I'm lucky I have enough for one right after I work out, and that counts for breakfast and a snack!
  • JamieAmandaC
    Options
    I don't have a single favorite that I can think of. I usually just use whatever I have on hand to make a blender full of smoothie for our family of three. We almost always have plain nonfat organic greek yogurt in our fridge, so usually some of that (maybe about a cup), a frozen banana if we have any, another frozen or fresh fruit (or a mixture if we have a few different fruits), ice if we don't have any frozen fruit available, and a cup of 100% fruit juice as sweetener, usually apple. This almost always turns out nice. I've occasionally used vanilla soy milk instead of yogurt. I almost always use yogurt instead of milk.
  • Jessklatt
    Options
    Green Smoothie (I usually have this for breakfast)

1/2 cup water
    1 or 2 bananas
    1/2 cup strawberries
    1 whole peeled orange
    2 Cups of baby spinach

So yummy! Even my 6 year old loves them!

My "I'm craving chocolate" smoothie

1/2 cup water or coconut water
    1 tsp. cocoa powder
    1 TBSP of raw almond butter (peanut butter works too)
    2 banana's (I like to peel my bananas and freeze them in quarters for an hour before using them in smoothies)

I blend the water cocoa powder and almond butter (peanut butter) together first and then slowly add the frozen banana's. I pour it in a cup and garnish with a bit of cinnamon. It is so good...it feels like it should be bad.

(please note: I eat only whole foods and don't really worry about my calories because it's difficult for me to eat more than 1500 eating whole foods like veggies and fruit). So the calories in these often end up being a meal for me.

None they are spectacular and have no added fillers :-)
  • AliR105
    AliR105 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I...love...smoothies. i have 2 favourites. Banana and strawberry and mango and passionfruit. there are also amazing innocent smoothies. i can remember the name of it but its purple and has acia berries in it. a - maz - ing. would recomend it to the world!!! :D xx
  • AliR105
    AliR105 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    oh, also anything with coconut!!!