Being called "fat" your thoughts ...........

Options
I am gonna share something that normally I wouldnt share but since everyone here is going through the weight loss struggle I know a lot of you can probably understand so here it goes.

Recently I was trolling on You Tube and I came across some videos I was in from a concert back in 2008. I was on stage with the band while they were performing and I was having a REALLY good time headbanging dancing etc. This concert was being filmed by several videographers so obviously since I was on stage with the band I got in the video footage. I was reading comments that random people were making and I came across one that was a personal hit. Someone commented on how annoyed they were with the "fat woman" dancing and if anyone else felt the same. There were some thumbs up responses but no one else made an actual comment. The fact that he was "ANNOYED" with me was totally cool but the fact he called me "FAT" really messed with my head and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Just for the record my weight then is pretty much the weight I am now minus a few pounds. I have pics posted on my profile and that is basically how I look now. There has been no major weight change for me since 2008.

Yeah its a troll thred and people make comments ya ya ya but I found it interesting that this random indiviual whom doesnt know me from jump street zero'd in on my weight and how that in itself was such a focal point which kinda blows me a way. Its interesting how we as indiviuals view ourselves. I never thought of myself as "fat" but def not skinny. "Chubby" maybe but not "fat". I KNOW I need to lose weight but I guess deep down being called "fat" is something I cant accept/swallow. Maybe my version of "fat" is different than other peoples. Maybe to some people being 10 pounds overweight is "fat". Maybe to some not being 130 pounds is "fat". I have always considered myself well proportioned for my size and Im not delusional but this comment actually had me question myself if I actually am. Also this one random comment brought back my childhood tauma all over again and has made me an emotional mess.

I realize were not supposed to care about what other people think just what we think and Im a firm believer in that. Im a strong person however in this case I was triggered and thats the reality. Quite frankly I am suprised how much this one comment is effecting me. Maybe its efffecting me cause theres truth behind it? Maybe I need to accept the fact that I am "fat". RIght now I just dont know and my perception of myself is a little warped right now. I know in time things will even out but this is a real struggle for me right now. Thank you all for listening and being there :flowerforyou:

Im going to take a walk now :tongue:

Namaste

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Because he made the comment on while being totally anonymous. Screw him. Not worth being upset about
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Someone wrote that I was fat on my YouTube transformation video and I only approved it so I could correct the troll. There are a lot of idiots on YouTube. I mentioned to him that I am 104 at 10% body fat, not fat. Don't let that person bother you.
  • ljcatch22
    ljcatch22 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if you didn't think there was some truth to it, it wouldn't be bugging you so much. You would read it, laugh at how dumb that person was, and move on. I remember it hit me hard when I found out I was in the "obese" BMI. I knew I had gained weight, and was maybe a bit chubby, but obese? It was part of my wake up call. I looked at pictures and realized that no, it wasn't just a bad angle, I really was fat.
    What it a jerky thing to post? Yes. But why not turn it into motivation instead?

Not only that, but chubby and fat are both overweight. If you're okay with chubby, why do you have such a problem with fat?