Happy New Years

Options
*The Month After Christmas *

* ** Twas the month after Christmas, and all through the house * *Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse. * *The cookies I nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste, * *At the holiday parties had gone to my waist. *

*When I got on the scales there arose such a number! **When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber) **I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepare; **The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rare, **The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese ** ** ** And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."

**As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt **And prepared once again to do battle with dirt--- **I said to myself, as I only can * *"You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!"

**So-away with the last of the sour cream dip, **Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip **Every last bit of food that I like must be banished **'Til all the additional ounces have vanished. **I won't have a cookie-not even a lick. **I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick. **I won't have hot biscuits, corn bread or pie, **I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.

**I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore--- **But isn't that just what January’s for?

**Unable to giggle, no longer a riot. **Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet*

I don’t know the author but thought it was worth sharing!

Cheers everyone!