I want a flat tummy!

Options
Who doesn't, am I right?
Are there specific foods or drinks that help burn tummy fat? Or am I dreaming?

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    You cant spot-reduce fat. Just keep eating a calorie deficit, and assuming you arent genetically prone to store fat on your belly, itll go down in time.
  • amonkey9
    Options
    Right there with you. Cardio. That's what I know
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You cant spot-reduce fat. Just keep eating a calorie deficit, and assuming you arent genetically prone to store fat on your belly, itll go down in time.

Unfortunately I am geneticallly prone to store fat on my bellly. Devastated.
    I was born with a belly. Now I have an 'apron' since I had kids.

I feel your pain OP.
  • michelle916
    Options
    sigh. Oh well.
    My mom has a bit of a tummy too. But she also has big hoo-haas and I do not, so maybe I'm not genetically prone to tummy fat.

Thanks for the replies!
  • sherimoss
    Options
    I'm really wanting to get rid of the horrid love handles. I've always had curves even for being small, but I'm looking to just lose about 10 lbs, and my sides are my biggest thing i want gone!
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    sigh. Oh well.
    My mom has a bit of a tummy too. But she also has big hoo-haas and I do not, so maybe I'm not genetically prone to tummy fat.

Thanks for the replies!

Oh I've got the big hoo-haas too. Every cloud and all that.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I have an apron belly, so I know it's unrealistic for me to ever have a flat belly. I never have my whole life. it's worse since I had my C-section.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options

^^Great link!
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I got a book recently on Burning Belly Fat, before I joined MFP. Don't bother. The authors sort of assume that some of people's issue is air or inflammation in the tummy, so they recommended a lot of stomach-taming stuff, like ginger, avoiding sodas, etc. Otherwise it was just more calorie deficit and exercise. They did try to make a case that certain exercises spot-target, but I've read many times that it's not very effective. And honestly, the before and after photos in the book were not very impressive. Hard to tell before from after in many cases!
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My friend who's a personal trainer always says "Abs are made in the kitchen." Watch what you eat: LOTS of veggies, low carb, low sugars (which means little fruit), lots of protein.

Hope this helps a little.
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    It's the ongoing struggle. Maintain your diet, Keep up on the cardio...and mostly be consistent on it. That's the hard part, but the most important trick to any of this. Then hopefully...
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I have always carried weight in my stomach and have extra skin from my weight loss so I don't think I will ever have toned abs. BUT, I've noticed that the cleaner I eat (less processed, more whole foods), the flatter my tummy is. So, for certain people (like myself) abs really are built in the kitchen. Just my experience.
  • adairt1
    adairt1 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey guys! I use to be a personal trainer for Gold''s Gym many years ago followed by about 14 years in nutritional sales. I can honestly tell you that there are no quick fixes or spot treatment for fat aside from liposuction!

Fat doesn't discriminate and covers your entire body. It's just that you have more fat cells in certain spots that was strategically placed there by God himself! You can't reduce the number of cells but you can reduce their size...hence losing fat. Getting those great abs and doing away with those loves handles comes down to one simple thing...reduce your total body fat.
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have crazy stomach curves since giving up wheat. There are lots of books about wheat free and fat loss from your stomach!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

OMG Staci is my HERO :heart:
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Damn.......I think i just fell in love. Wow amazing results. She is heavier then she was before but is amazingly more fit.

Amazing
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options

OMG Staci is my HERO :heart:

great link!! :)