What do you keep in your desk?

Options
cabaray
cabaray Posts: 971 Member
So taking stock of what I have in my desk/office I started wondering what kinds of things other people stock up on at work. I have the following:
Deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, dental floss, Q-Tips, ibuprofen, tylenol, cold medicine, tums, anti-diahrreal medicine, tums, bandaids, rubbing alcohol, paper plates, bowls, spoons & forks, lotion and of course feminine supplies.

Replies

• misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Tums...LOTS OF TUMS lol
    Light Hot Chocolate (for those afternoon chocolate cravings)
    Decaf Earl Grey Tea.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Wellllllllllllllll.............
    small change for the pop and/or chip machine (which I haven't visited in MONTHS, honest!)
    Hair spray
    Anti-static spray for clothing
    toothpaste (hmmm, where's the toothbrush?)
    a comb, mirror, lipgloss.

I also have a SNACK drawer, which used to be filled with really bad stuff like candy bars and cookies. It now has dried fruit, whole-grain crackers, crunchy salad toppings, and ............ okay, a bag of mini-chocolate bars which I have NOT opened and will put in my candy dish to share with all :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I have a drawer that has two extra collared shirts and twelve to fifteen various ties. You never know when you're going to need a change of clothes.
    -wtk

Postscript: In another drawer, I have a Tide stick.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I have a drawer that is where I keep my personal stuff like my purse, crystal lite, snacks etc. My other drawers have files, pens, pencils, white out, post-its, tape, black markers, paint pens, rubber bands, keys to my co-workers desk, key to my bosses office, key to the storage room, notebooks, sick forms, stamps, gloves, staples and paper clips. LOL all the normal office supplies, ha ha.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Lotion, nail glue and artificial nails, nail polish, vitamins, amino acids, diet snapple, a can of green beans, box of Snackwell cookies, green tea bags, paper plates, silverware, coffee cup, sweet & low packets, salt & pepper shakers and a few office related items!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    At home, I've got the computer but also a Devil Ducky and a toy version of my Ducati Monster. Most of the other stuff is things that collect there and stay there waiting for me to put in the right place.

JM
  • misskerouac
    Options
    I keep all my snack stuff in the lunch room so I have to go up 2 flights of stairs to get it. i don't know if I could keep it at my desk, too easy to snack that way.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I keep all my snack stuff in the lunch room so I have to go up 2 flights of stairs to get it. i don't know if I could keep it at my desk, too easy to snack that way.
    If I did that, it would be gone!
  • Cathy000
    Cathy000 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Personal drawer: Toothpaste, dental floss, mouth wash, halls, nail polish remover, nail polish, crest teeth whitener. The rest files and more files.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    All my usual office supplies like post-it's, notebooks, notepads, pens, tape, stapler, paper clips, binder clips, etc.

I also have my "food drawer" which consists of utensils, peanut butter, oatmeal, a cereal bar, mustard, and tea. Then I've got my lotions, cleaning suppies (i.e. disinfectant, lysol wipes, and my lint roller), ibuprofen, headphones, hairbrush, and a stress ball.

I do have tootsie rolls in a bowl on my desk that someone gave me for Christmas but I've only had 1!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Besides the usual office supplies...

Advil, vitamins, emergen-c, tea, greeting cards and holiday decorations (green beads for St. Patty's, a big wooden heart for Valentine's etc) for my cubicle, mini clif bars, oatmeal, a bowl and a dry measuring cup, bandaids, CDs, and a long sleeve t-shirt that I brought in for a team photo that never happened (a bunch of us did a weekend event together - running and biking).
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    office supplies
    advil
    q-tips
    deodorant
    multiple sponges (no clue)
    lotion/lip balm/powder
    a pack of razor (weird, why would i ever have to shave at work?)
    duct tape.

i'm boring.
  • likeaphoenix28
    Options
    Cofee cups, nutrigrain bars, almonds, crackers, tea, plasticware, salt & pepper, jelly(for those breakfast lunches lol), and all the usual office supplies.
  • misskerouac
    Options
    If I did that, it would be gone!

There are only 12 employees at my work, I'd find the culprit pretty easy lol