Someone look at my diary and...

Options
2»

Replies

• shumway01
    Options
    Ditto on the protein. Try Greek Yogurt, both as a replacement for your breakfast yogurt and as a snack. You have to be somewhat careful with the fruits as snacks since they are naturally high in sugar. Try adding a protein/fat source along with them (such as almonds). Another switch you might consider is almond butter instead of peanut butter (Maranatha makes a no-stir one if you don't like the way most natural butters separate). I'd also drop the coconut spread in the morning -- seems like gratuitous fat. Other good breakfast protein sources are low-fat Canadian bacon (try an egg-white omelette with c-bacon, veggies, and a little cheese) and turkey sausage.

Steve Shumway
    Certified Personal Trainer, Triathlon, Cycling, and Spinning Coach
  • wenswear
    wenswear Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You have a healthy diet! My trainer tells me that I should not eat fruit after 3, and to try to have most of my carbs early in the day. And carbs should be paired with a fat/protein. Carrots have a lot of sugar and starch, too. Maybe celery with hummus, or yogurt, or a spinach salad with low-fat feta. I agree, go for low-fat rather than fat free. Basically I think the way to go is to have 3 or 4 ounces of lean protein and a huge side of non-starch veggies. Hope this helps!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    How about greek yogurt?

Not all carbs are bad btw.