I think I need help

Options
So I started working out June of 2011 and I started sporadically then worked up to seeing my trainer again and just working on taking bad things slowly. I have had some ups and downs last year but I was still working out and still making it happen. I ditched the scale and just worried about inches.

I went to the doctor yesterday because I have strep and I got on the scale and since I ditched the scale a few month ago I have only lost a pound. WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I eat in moderation (not a rabbit) but healthy and I know muscle weighs more than fat but why do the scales hate me?

What am I doing wrong? HELP!!

Replies

• stephaniev07
    stephaniev07 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    are you keeping strict track of exactly what you are eating on here? I know I didn't think I was eating that much and when I really started logging I was taken aback by how many calories I was eating.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You need to log on everyday, get a food scale, watch portions size, stay within your calorie goal. You have to do the work.
    Good luck.
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Trust what the other posters are saying and read those labels, measure your food and log every bite, even if you go over your allotted calories for the day.

I'm a 20-year-experienced pescatarian who does eat like a rabbit - no fast food, sweets, soda, or much bread and guess what? I'm STILL overweight!

So, it's possible.

It's all about counting, tracking and accountability...

You can do it!
  • sbeisel1
    sbeisel1 Posts: 181
    Options
    Scales dont hate you, but they can help with the ugly truth. I was more than shocked when i stepped on and saw my ugly truth It was all I could do not to cry at the drs office. Thats why im here.

I HIGHLY reccomend setting you MFP goals, and logging your food honestly. I dont eat back all of my excercise calories. I also make sure that I do cardio along with the muscle toneing. Measure both weight and inches. watch the salt intake and make sure to drink lots of water or decaf tea. I avoid caffeine and alcohol and do my best to avoid all FAKE sugars, they will sabbotage you. Dont starve yourself it will inspire the yo-yo effect we all dread but have experianced.

Good luck
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    So I started working out June of 2011 and I started sporadically then worked up to seeing my trainer again and just working on taking bad things slowly. I have had some ups and downs last year but I was still working out and still making it happen. I ditched the scale and just worried about inches.

I went to the doctor yesterday because I have strep and I got on the scale and since I ditched the scale a few month ago I have only lost a pound. WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I eat in moderation (not a rabbit) but healthy and I know muscle weighs more than fat but why do the scales hate me?

What am I doing wrong? HELP!!

The other post in your replies are correct. One thing though. Make sure you are doing this for yourself and your child so the two of you can have a good life together. NOT FOR WHAT OTHERS THINK. :smile: Logging food and exercise is the important thing. Keep on keeping on. You can do it.:flowerforyou:
  • sbeisel1
    sbeisel1 Posts: 181
    Options
    One thing though. Make sure you are doing this for yourself and your child so the two of you can have a good life together. NOT FOR WHAT OTHERS THINK.
    well said, I second this!!
  • sfoster3171982
    sfoster3171982 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I watch my portions and log almost everyday but even if I don't log I know my calories for the day. I am usually under by 3-700 anyhow.

I think my issues are 1. Sodium 2. Sugar 3. Need to mix up my activity.
    I changed my setting yesterday to log my sugar and sodium intake and noticed that I was thousands over on sodium and 30-50 over in sugar.

I think I also need to change up my routine although it's easier said than done in the winter but I want this all to come off ASAP.

Thank you everyone
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!