Are there any old guys out there?

Options
I just joined a few days ago, and am really getting into this program. Already feeling better and more positive. I seem to notice though that most of the posts in the message boards are from younger folks than me and mostly female...NOT THAT HERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT...But am I alone here, is this not "age appropriate" for me..... ...Maybe all the older folks who are interested in being fit and in shape have alredy figured it out by now and don't need the support and stucture of something like this....What do ya'll think? Does it creep you young folks out to have an old guy in the group.....I guess I think too much about what other people think.. Anyway I'm having fun here and getting healthier in the process.

O2Rad

Replies

• jraysherr
    Options
    I just joined a few days ago, and am really getting into this program. Already feeling better and more positive. I seem to notice though that most of the posts in the message boards are from younger folks than me and mostly female...NOT THAT HERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT...But am I alone here, is this not "age appropriate" for me..... ...Maybe all the older folks who are interested in being fit and in shape have alredy figured it out by now and don't need the support and stucture of something like this....What do ya'll think? Does it creep you young folks out to have an old guy in the group.....I guess I think too much about what other people think.. Anyway I'm having fun here and getting healthier in the process.

O2Rad
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Welcome it's good that you are here. Everyone's unique perspective makes this site so rich and enjoyable. Looking forward to hearing from an older (NOT OLD) guy. :wink:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    You're only 60 :smile:

all opinions welcome, well, unless they don't agree with mine.
  • Itsindakiss
    Options
    Hello and welcome..I'm younger and a female haha...but I'm glad your here. Good luck with your goals! :drinker:
  • jraysherr
    Options
    Thanks, ya'll. I'm glad it's not an issue. You'll be hearing from me . I'm looking forward to this.
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hey jraysherr! You're not old. (don't you know that "old" is always fifteen years older than you are at the time?)
    We have something else in common. i am in the food business as well. Welcome, I can always use a guy on here old or not!:laugh:
    There are only a few of us...of course the ladies are the greatest on here. They are really encouraging.
    Great site and great people...you're now one of them.
    Cowboy
  • jraysherr
    Options
    Hey , Cowboy. Good to hear from you and thanks for the friendly welcome. ....by the way are you going to get to make it to the Ft. Worth Livestock show and rodeo that's going on now? The parade (largest non motorized parade in the USA) was awesome.

O2rad.
  • Erica92627
    Options

O2Rad

no problem at all. It is not a dating scene here so having the older folks seeing that they can do it too motivates us younger ones.
    Mind if we call ya pops? :smile:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options

O2Rad

We are glad to have you and we look forward to the guy's opinions when we have post.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I think age is all up to you! You're only as old as you allow yourself to be!:wink: But, creepy...not at all! As a younger, yes...female, I'm glad to have you on board! Let us know if we can help in anyway! Good luck with all your goals!:bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*
  • jraysherr
    Options
    Thank's everyone.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    Old is a state of mind and that's often the confusing part -- remembering which state you left it in!

Welcome aboard from the "Harley Dude"