hessied
hessied Posts: 460 Member
Hey runner buds...

Tell us all about your awesome run today...:bigsmile:

I did a 6 mile tempo run this morning:

1 mile warm-up
4 miles @ 8 min pace
1 mile cool down

It was nice that I could do it outside. Tempo runs on the treadmill seem so much more challenging to me.

Hope you're all enjoying your day!

Replies

• hessied
    Options
    Hey runner buds...

Tell us all about your awesome run today...:bigsmile:

I did a 6 mile tempo run this morning:

1 mile warm-up
    4 miles @ 8 min pace
    1 mile cool down

It was nice that I could do it outside. Tempo runs on the treadmill seem so much more challenging to me.

Hope you're all enjoying your day!
  • GameOver
    GameOver Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Way to go hessied! It must be nice to run outside...maybe I will tomorrow

I only did a run/walk of 3 miles because I am just so tired! Life's been so busy. :ohwell:
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    This is actually from last nights run. I have a blog and the first 2 posts are from last nights 3.5 mile run. The second post is a map my run. I have the app on my iphone and use it when I run. It tracks my progress. It is a cool program. If you have an iphone you can track your runs or rides. If you don't you can use it to figure out the distance before or when you return.

http://emory13.blogspot.com/

I just think this technology is cool and thought I would share.:smile:
  • hessied
    Options
    The second post is a map my run. I have the app on my iphone and use it when I run. It tracks my progress. It is a cool program. If you have an iphone you can track your runs or rides.

Hi emorym. I love my iPhone, and I've tried the Map my Run application a few times now to no avail. I must have a weak signal, because the GPS isn't tracking my distance accurantly. The technology is so cool, though! I would be so psyched if it worked.

Good run, btw.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Hey runners! I have to work a little late this evening, but I am hoping to get in a 4 miler.

Also, I am probably going to be buying a new pair of running shoes very soon. I was looking as the Brooks Cascade. They are a trail running shoe. I was wondering if you guys have suggestions. I run outdoors mostly, and it's on pavement (the road), up and down hills. Sometimes I run outdoor courses, at the park through the woods type things. What do you think?
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Hey runners! I have to work a little late this evening, but I am hoping to get in a 4 miler.

Also, I am probably going to be buying a new pair of running shoes very soon. I was looking as the Brooks Cascade. They are a trail running shoe. I was wondering if you guys have suggestions. I run outdoors mostly, and it's on pavement (the road), up and down hills. Sometimes I run outdoor courses, at the park through the woods type things. What do you think?

If you are running outside on payment I would stick to regular running shoes. Trail running shoes have a thicker sole and are not as flexiable as a running shoe. They are meant for the softer terrain of trails. I have 2 pairs of running shoes. One for trails and 1 for road running. I think if you tried to run on the road with the trail shoes that would hurt your feet.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sherry! I've never had a pair of trail runners, so I didn't know if that's what I needed or not. :flowerforyou:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

If you are running outside on payment I would stick to regular running shoes. Trail running shoes have a thicker sole and are not as flexiable as a running shoe. They are meant for the softer terrain of trails. I have 2 pairs of running shoes. One for trails and 1 for road running. I think if you tried to run on the road with the trail shoes that would hurt your feet.
    I agree. I tried road running in my trail shoes for a while a few years ago and ended up so sore. Actually, unless you run fairly rugged trails, you could probably get by with regular road shoes for all terrains
  • bigdawg62
    bigdawg62 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

I agree. I tried road running in my trail shoes for a while a few years ago and ended up so sore. Actually, unless you run fairly rugged trails, you could probably get by with regular road shoes for all terrains

I would recomend that you find a runners shoe store that has a knowledgeable staff and have them watch you run. They can put you into the shoe that is correct for the way that you run. Its very important that you have the right shoe to avoid injuries.

I did a nice easy 7 miles tonight.