Anybody doing the Herbalife diet

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Why do people hate this so much? I totally agree, it's no "golden ticket". But add fruit, and it's a great way to get your daily fruit intake in if you're not a huge whole fruit eater. It's filling, and it feels like dessert. How is that bad?

because it is a waste of money.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, looking into herbalife. It only gives you about 40 vitamins or so and of course protein...most of which you could get from the stores for way less. Looking at Shakeology which is a different shake that has super food in the shake actually gives you way more! These ingredients are found all around the world. Let. E know if you have any questions. Trust me I have tried all types of shakes and shakeology is by far the best! I am also a fitness coach so I really looked into this. All my clients love shakeology and I love it also. Since drinking this I have yet to get sick, cleared my acne, helped regulate me, curved my cravings for sweet stuff and I am no longer on blood pressure medicine.

You wouldn't happen to be a "coach" wouldja?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, looking into herbalife. It only gives you about 40 vitamins or so and of course protein...most of which you could get from the stores for way less. Looking at Shakeology which is a different shake that has super food in the shake actually gives you way more! These ingredients are found all around the world. Let. E know if you have any questions. Trust me I have tried all types of shakes and shakeology is by far the best! I am also a fitness coach so I really looked into this. All my clients love shakeology and I love it also. Since drinking this I have yet to get sick, cleared my acne, helped regulate me, curved my cravings for sweet stuff and I am no longer on blood pressure medicine.

and don't forget converted fat into muscle while eating in a deficit...
  • aschroeder2749
    aschroeder2749 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Why do people hate this so much? I totally agree, it's no "golden ticket". But add fruit, and it's a great way to get your daily fruit intake in if you're not a huge whole fruit eater. It's filling, and it feels like dessert. How is that bad?

because it is a waste of money.

Hey, I know the same thing could be accomplished by just making a smoothie. But if people don't mind paying for a mint chocolate chip flavor and it makes them happy - more power to 'em.
  • msshelly
    Options
    Question- what does your shake consist of? I was told to mix 2 scoops formula 1 with 2 scoops protein to make my shake. I havent seen any change and its been about 2 weeks....any tips? Comments?
  • meepu
    meepu Posts: 1
    Options
    i just started my herbalife advance on monday and feeling great already lost 6 lbs with combo of the shakes, tabs, tea, healthy meals and exercise. i was wondering any of you kept buying all the items the kits came with or just the shakes after the first month?
  • adeela24
    adeela24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi guys
    I decided to do herbal life because its my sisters wedding in 6 weeks and i need to lose weight fast...i am 10 st 7 pounds atm but would like to lose 1.5 stone by the weddinghopefully.
    It's my second day with herbal life and i feel great! I hvn't gone under a coach or trainer...kind of just doing it my self :) i have morning shake along with herbal tea mixed with a bit of aloe. A shake for lunch...and an evening meal. I dont tend to snack a lot as I dont feel like I need to... Is that bad? I have around 1.5 litre of water also with some aloe mixed in. I need to start exercising but I am scared if i exercised more than what i should or if I did the wrong stuff, it will slow down the weight loss process and build weight in muscle. Cant wait to weigh myself after 1 week!

Would love to hear feedback and ideas from all you expertees :)
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options

Because people don't know how to worry about themselves.
  • mjbDIVA
    mjbDIVA Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, Im starting Herbalife today. Is yhere anyone out there still doing it?
  • Herbababy
    Options
    I have been using Herbalife for about 2 months now and I feel amazing! Yes I did eventually get signed up, to get my product at a discounted price and just fell in love with it and decided to go forward with my training because of my amazing results. Some people have negative opinions about it but honestly, they are just not being coached properly and if you ask me, that's their fault because that's the coach they picked. To me, it's not expensive at all, I've changed the way I was eating before so when I grocery shop, I replace the junk food with Herbalife and not a penny more over my budget. Then eventually you just get used to it...now I can definitely feel a difference on days that I do not take my proper tablets, shake, or tea. It's just good nutrition, it's nothing scary. It's all plant based and just gives your body what you would be getting if you ate properly, which not a lot of people do. Just be sure you find the RIGHT coach and not someone who's just in it to make a few extra bucks.
  • brucewenzel
    Options
    I justed started doing the shakes as part of a healthy diet. I am having issues with the MFP telling me at the end of the day I am below my calories after I exercise. I am supposed to be around 1900 a day but after I exercise I am ussually at1200/1300. I have been doing 2 shakes and 2 meals healthy meals and snacks and I am losing slowly but was curious if others are doing the same. I realize the program is to do 2 shakes and 1 meal but I am well below my calorie limit and think my body is going into starvation mode and I do not lose.

Any advice??
  • brucewenzel
    Options
    I justed started doing the shakes as part of a healthy diet. I am having issues with the MFP telling me at the end of the day I am below my calories after I exercise. I am supposed to be around 1900 a day but after I exercise I am ussually at1200/1300. I have been doing 2 shakes and 2 meals healthy meals and snacks and I am losing slowly but was curious if others are doing the same. I realize the program is to do 2 shakes and 1 meal but I am well below my calorie limit and think my body is going into starvation mode and I do not lose.

Any advice??
  • scoleman58
    scoleman58 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1000 to 1100 the right calories a day for a female of certain height, and weight is NOT dangerous. STOP generalizing. I am a male 5'7" to lose weight (over 50 lbs, started about 215 now 165) 1260 calories a day and I never felt hungry. It's what you eat and the nutrition you get from it. If you at 1500 calories of doughnuts a day it more dangerous than 1000 calories of nutritious food.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    1000 to 1100 the right calories a day for a female of certain height, and weight is NOT dangerous. STOP generalizing. I am a male 5'7" to lose weight (over 50 lbs, started about 215 now 165) 1260 calories a day and I never felt hungry. It's what you eat and the nutrition you get from it. If you at 1500 calories of doughnuts a day it more dangerous than 1000 calories of nutritious food.

....sigh.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    @MzNicoleD yes, I believe its the toxins release from my body, after the third day of dojng herbalife, the headaches gently subsided. But I feel a little itchy down there. I believe I had too much toxins since I really used to love eating at fast food chains, junk foods which has a lot of toxins, and now my body is gently releasing it. My discharge is back again! I have not had my discharge for a year now I think, which is really bad since I am trying to get pregnant too.

Really loving the herbalife diet, It doesnt cost that much as I thought it would be. Before I spend a lot on fast food, but now I realize I even spend less on herbalife diet and its more healthy of course.

What I love about this diet is that, it doesn't allow you to starve to lose, it will help you discipline yourself and train you to live a healthy lifestyle that does not kill your time too much. Plus it will not make you feel weak throughout the day even if you have to replace one or two meal a day.

What toxins were removed from your body?

well-we-re-waiting-o.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

giphy.gif

While nutritious food is healthier than all those doughnuts...1000 calories of nutritious foods is still too low for the majority of people. There's a reason MFP won't have settings LOWER than 1200. Hmmmmm.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    @MzNicoleD yes, I believe its the toxins release from my body, after the third day of dojng herbalife, the headaches gently subsided. But I feel a little itchy down there. I believe I had too much toxins since I really used to love eating at fast food chains, junk foods which has a lot of toxins, and now my body is gently releasing it. My discharge is back again! I have not had my discharge for a year now I think, which is really bad since I am trying to get pregnant too.

Really loving the herbalife diet, It doesnt cost that much as I thought it would be. Before I spend a lot on fast food, but now I realize I even spend less on herbalife diet and its more healthy of course.

What I love about this diet is that, it doesn't allow you to starve to lose, it will help you discipline yourself and train you to live a healthy lifestyle that does not kill your time too much. Plus it will not make you feel weak throughout the day even if you have to replace one or two meal a day.

What toxins were removed from your body?

well-we-re-waiting-o.gif

tumblr_inline_mqsdbmQ8Kt1qz4rgp.gif
  • BaconBit
    BaconBit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tried it, lost alot and when I quit taking the shakes I gained back everything I lost. Liquid diets do NOT work because you won't always be on one, as soon as you start eating regular meals again you will likely gain back all your weight.

AGREE with post quoted ! once you go back to eating normally you gain it all back. Now if your planning to make this a lifestyle then it can work for you. But personally I wouldn't want to do 2 shakes and a hand full of pills every day for the rest of my life. I did herbal life back in 2002/2003 and yes I lost a great deal of weight and gained it all back and then some. I suggest maybe one shake a day and 2 healthy meals and snacks. WHATEVER you decide GOOD LUCK AND go you go you
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

Yes, what toxins? Please, oh pretty please, name just one?

need-it.gif