Please Share Your Easy Casserole Dishes

Options
13»

Replies

• AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Made this last night cuz I was too lazy to go to the store and buy groceries

1 can ham flakes
    1 can condensed cream of asperagus soup
    2 tbs light hellmans mayo
    approx 2.5 cups cooked elbow macaroni
    approx 3 cups mixed frozen veggies (corn, peas, beans, carrots)
    1/3 cup shredded tex mex cheese
    seasonings approx 1 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, lawrys seasoning salt, chili powder
    mix it all up in a 9x13 glass baking dish, cook 350 for 30 min

was good and only approx 350 calories for 1/4 of the recipe!
  • Teresa71464
    Options
    Made this last night.....super easy and tasty! The hardest part is cutting up all the cabbage, but well worth it!!

Kalyn's Stuffed Cabbage Casserole

Recipe slightly modified from Kalyn's Kitchen

Skinnytaste.com

Servings: 10 • Serving Size: 1/10th with cheese • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 7 pts
    Calories: 250.9 • Fat: 11.3 g • Protein: 16.9 g • Carb: 23.8 g • Fiber: 5.5 g • Sugar: 2 g
    Sodium: 459 mg (without salt)

Without Cheese: • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 194.9 • Fat: 7.7 g • Protein: 10.5 g • Carb: 23 g • Fiber: 5.5 g • Sugar: 2 g
    Sodium: 291.2 mg (without salt)

Ingredients:
    2 tsp olive oil, divided
    1 lb. 95% lean ground beef
    1 large onion, chopped fine
    1 tbsp finely minced garlic
    1/2 tsp. dried thyme
    1 tsp sweet Hungarian Paprika
    salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
    1 1/2 heads green cabbage, coarsely chopped
    1 can (14.5 oz.) petite dice tomatoes with juice
    1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
    1/4 cup water
    2 cups cooked brown rice
    2 cups low-fat mozzarella cheese (Sargento)

Instructions:
    Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a large glass casserole dish with non-stick spray. (My dish was 13" x 10")
    Heat a large frying pan on medium heat; add ground beef and cook until it's browned and cooked through,
    breaking it apart as it cooks. Remove ground beef and set aside.
    In the same pan, add 1 tsp olive oil, chopped onion and cook over medium heat until the onion is
    translucent and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic, dried thyme, and paprika and
    cook about 2 minutes more. Then add the diced tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, and ground beef. Add
    water to the pan. Simmer until it's hot and slightly thickened, about 15-20 minutes.
    While it simmers, cut cabbage in half, cut out the core, and remove any wilted outer leaves; chop the
    cabbage coarsely into 1 inch pieces.
    Heat remaining olive oil in a large frying pan or dutch oven; add the cabbage and cook over medium-high
    heat until the cabbage is wilted and about half cooked, turning it over several times so it all wilts and cooks.
    Season with salt and fresh-ground black pepper.
    When the meat and tomato sauce mixture has cooked and thickened a bit, stir in the 2 cups of cooked rice
    and gently combine.
    Spray casserole dish with non-stick spray and the layer half the cabbage, half the meat mixture, remaining
    cabbage, and remaining meat mixture. Cover tightly with foil and bake 40 minutes, or until the mixture is just
    starting to bubble on the edges.
    Remove foil and sprinkle on cheese (if using.) Bake uncovered an additional 20 minutes, or until the
    cheese is melted and starting to slightly brown. Serve hot.
    Freezer friendly if you have leftovers. To reheat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then either microwave
    until hot or heat in the oven in a glass dish covered with foil.
  • nlkozub
    Options
    Easy Chicken Casserole (6 servings)

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
    1/2 c. skim milk
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 tsp. seasoning salt
    6 oz. whole wheat pasta (I use rotini)
    1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup

15 saltine crackers, crushed
    3 tbsp. butter, melted
    4 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2. In a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat, saute chicken and onion 5-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
    (I sprinke salt, pepper, and garlic powder on the chicken before cooking)
    3. In a casserole dish, combine the cooked chicken and onion, soup, seasoning salt, milk, and pastaand mix well.
    4. In a small bowl mix the cracker crumbs and parmesan cheese and add the melted butter,
    5. Spread crum mixture over top of the chicken.
    6. Bake at 350 for 30inutes or until top is golden brown.

Optional: Add cooked broccoli florets before putting on the crumb topping.

Nutrition per serving:
    Calories: 352
    Fat: 11g
    Trans Fat: 0g
    Sodium: 751mg
    Protein: 28g
    Fiber: 4g
    Sugar: 3g
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    so much is easy to cook, if you eat chicken, get a breast and put on tin foil, fold the edges of foil up so it forms a kind of parcel, but before you 'close it up' drizzle smidgen (tablespoon or less) of olive oil over it, some black pepper and tiny bit of salt, add some crushed garlic and close, bake in the oven on medium high heat for approximately 35-40 mins, until the juices run clear and it is cooked all the way thru, check it at about 30mins and adjust time accordingly. its low cal (most cals are in the oil, which you probably could skip) then serve it with anything, from sald, to boiled vegetable, carrots, peas, broccoli, green beans, asparagus, whatever you fancy and a few potatoes, I tend to boil 4 or 5 new potatoes or one large potato cut up, dont bother peeling although if you dont like the skin on large potatoes you can peel, add a little salt or vegetable stock cube to the water you boil the potatoes in, will give them a nice flavour.

you can also serve this with roasted vegetables, delicious. just be careful how much oil you are using. remember to put the firmest largest vegetables in the oven earlier than softer quicker vegetables and bung everything in the same baking tray if poss, that way you will use less oil.

can also do a ratatouille type casserole with chicken or sausages, or just about anything, I use vegetarian sausages, chop up desired veges, i usually go for tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, courgette, mushrooms, leek, onion and garlic, put the onion garlic and leek in the pan with a little oil to brown, then add the other veges (mushrooms last tho) pour in a tin of chopped tomatoes or passata, cook until the firmest vegetable is tender (usually carrots if using them) cook the sausages under the grill or chicken as mentioned before, or cut up chicken or tofu and fry in little oil, (emember to measure your oil for calories) cook potatoes or rice or mash potato to serve. delicious.and also great meals for non weight loss pple :-)
  • JayTee146
    JayTee146 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    :love: I made the Stuffed Cabbage Casserole -Sunday (OMG DELICIOUS!:bigsmile: )
    Chicken Rollatini Stuffed with Zucchini and mozzarella - Saturday
    Crockpot Cheese Burgers- Friday Night!:love::love: :love: :love:

Betsygodwin! I'm a beef lover as well :love: if you haven't tried the crockpot cheeseburgers I suggest you do it ASAP!