Running

HI all! Anyone have any advice on getting back into running? In my early 30's I ran Mon-Fri 3-miles, got the flu and never got back into it. Any tips!! Thanks!!

Replies

• bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    start. one foot in front of the other.

I was training for a half a couple of years ago, injured my back and couldnt run for months, couldnt cycle for 6 months and lost all form, put on about 15kg.

then I found Mfp around February last year. I surrounded myself with friends who were active and therefore made me feel guilty about not getting out there and training too. I started off by not being able to run 1 km without stopping. It was heartbreaking and a lesser person would have given up.

I made sure that I kept running a little bit regularly each day. In July I completed my first half marathon, just 5 months later, in under 2 hours.

Start with walk/runs. Then build up to running.

Everybody is a runner. We all ran as kids. You ARE a runner, you just need to remind your body of that.
  • desertpea
    desertpea Posts: 20 Member
    Hiya..

There's a program called Couch to 5k which is designed to gradually get you up to running over a 9 week period. I've used it and found it great. I have the app but I know that you can get podcasts as well.

Cheers
    Louise
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    I started with walking then running too, barely could run 1/2 block when I started. I love to run - I'm out of commission right now with a broken knee cap but I so miss it.