Belly after child warning picture

Options

Replies

• mudya
    mudya Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I was expecting to see something drastic, I wish I had your belly to work with, hate mine!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I've never had kids, but my belly looks about the same as a woman who is 6 months pregnant.

If you are only 6lbs away from your goal, it might be time to make peace with the way you look. Who knows if it will ever go away.

However, I do hear that strength training tightens things up considerably. I don't know if it works for belly fat or not.

I know I hope my belly shrinks with the weight loss. It has already lost a few inches, but honestly, I just want to be healthy, and if I can avoid diabetes while still having a pooch belly, I really don't care.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    You need this :P

Seriously, there are some good tips here, but don't beat yourself up about it!
  • stephanielindley422
    Options
    Your tummy looks AMAZING compared to my post baby tummy. :) I'd kill for yours. Wanna trade? ;)
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    OMG - i'll just say I WISH I had your stomach!! I started at 303.4, and am currently at 205.2 -- I'm worried about saggy skin -- you gotta love yourself no matter what size -- and be comfortable in your skin NOW. There's always room for self improvement - but don't think you look bad now!! :) Good luck!!
  • Eat at a caloric deficit for a decrease in body fat, and incorporate some weight lifting into your workout routine! Focus on core training, NOT JUST ABS. There is a difference.
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    Eat CLEAN and I mean super clean (Check out Natalie Jill's 7 day jumpstart - I did it and it is amazing! - really teaches you how to eat).
    Weight train 3-4 times per week & cardio 3-4 times per week. Make sure to eat enough. Don't starve yourself because you'll need fuel to get through the workouts too. You'll get there. Just keep going and don't be hard on yourself. You look fantastic girl! <3
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    SPANX!!!!!
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    bump. My tummy looks exactly the same (well with a few more pounds too). But same shape and everything, I wish you the best of luck!
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I just noticed the shape in the middle. If you bend over and see an obvious line down the middle of your belly you may have diastasis recti. I'm not going to post the article I look at for exercises because it's from a different weight loss website but I would google "exercises for diastasis recti" or "exercises for separated ab muscle"

I agree with this and can strongly recommend doing plank exercises. You don't want to be doing crunches if you have diastasis recti...my daughter was 9.2 and my diastasis recti was so bad I had to wear a large bandage (tubi-grib) across my stomach to help pull the muscles back together. I did several of the exercises that you find if you google diastasis recti and people couldn't believe the difference with my stomach. I don't know how to post pictures on here, so if someone lets me know I will put one up of my tummy now....it's not perfect by any means! It's covered in silver stretch marks and I have a little loose skin but it is so much better. There is hope I promise! Try the plank and see if that helps :-)
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I just noticed the shape in the middle. If you bend over and see an obvious line down the middle of your belly you may have diastasis recti. I'm not going to post the article I look at for exercises because it's from a different weight loss website but I would google "exercises for diastasis recti" or "exercises for separated ab muscle"

^THIS!!!
    You can do a self check there are instructions online how to do one. It's very important you find out if you have this because if you start doing regular ab exercises etc. you can actually make this condition worse. Find out if you have it, then do the physical therapy exercises for them. You might need a swiss ball too. If you don't have it- WONDERFUL! I don't have it but it's been almost 5 years since I've had my daughter (I've had 2 kids both dearly 9 lbs) and I'm doing the post partum exercises. I've also never fully recovered from a lumbar sprain back in 2001 so I have a really weak core. I'm just taking it slow and easy.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    honestly that doesnt look like loose skin, with fat loss it should flatten out
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    yr belly looks normal for someone who has had a baby. did you know that even if you lose the weight and get back to pre baby weight you will never look the same?? your life is different now plus your older, damm gravity gets us eventually. i have had 5 very big babies, all bigger than yours and once my belly looked like yours. my youngest is 2, my oldest is 12. i have lost 4 baby sizes and a couple more kilo and i will be back to my pre baby weight! you can lose the weight with loads of cardio to burn fat, i used a physio to help me exercise my abs properly - before i saw her i was doing it all wrong and was acturally making the bulge bigger. just being on here shows how determined you are, now you have to give yourself time. :) best of luck.
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Running. Get some tight pants to hold it in and get outside and run with a jogging stroller. Pound that pavement.
  • fight_for_fitness
    Options
    Hi everyone yes I did another check and I have Diastasis recti! I think I had it before my pregnancy as my stomach was that shape before just not as big. :/
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Everyone has been upping the cardio... yes do cardio, but lifting HEAVY weights will help tone... all over, not just the belly.
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Search some of the before and after pics for the 30 day shred and lift heavier weights.
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone yes I did another check and I have Diastasis recti! I think I had it before my pregnancy as my stomach was that shape before just not as big. :/

yes I had this quiet bad - my whole hand would fit between the muscles!! my de wanted me to hav it surgically repaired but I wanted to try and fix it myself! this is why I hav been working with a physio. someone said lots if heavy weights - well until you repair yr abs you can do more damage. weights do tone but only cardio burns fat! good luck with it.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I would KILL for your tummy as it is now!!! Love that belly honey, most mums (like me) will never get it looking as good as yours no matter how much weight we lose!
  • fight_for_fitness
    Options
    Hey Mumof5, I did it again and I realise I don't have it. I was looking up alot of information about it and have done the check AGAIN and I don't have it as my adominals touch when I contract and my finger got stuck lol so I guess I have to lift heavy weights although I only have dumbells at home?? lol