Food?

Options
So I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe everything. But I feel like everyone else is actually eating and I get one or two things per meal and no snacks or I go over my limit. Is it what I'm eating? Is it just my calories? It's just frustrating. Like the other post. This person says she eats oatmeal, apple, milk., and eggs. Every morning for only 300 ish calories. I eat oatmeal and that's it or a slim fast shake or cheerios. And that's all I get and I'm almost at 300 calories. I'm just confused.

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    You diet has a lot of processed and pre-packaged foods. 500 calories of chicken breast and steamed veggies will keep you a lot fuller than a microwaved meal.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    You diet has a lot of processed and pre-packaged foods. 500 calories of chicken breast and steamed veggies will keep you a lot fuller than a microwaved meal.
    ^this.
    more fresh foods... fruits and veggies, lean meats.
    i had two cups of home made soup today for lunch, it was 265 total. it has carrots, leeks, celery, barley, a little bit of potato...and its sooo yummy and filling!
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I took a quick look through your food logs and I agree with the above poster--there is a lot of processed and pre-packaged foods. These will always be higher in calories and sodium and not as filling.

Its all about eating a variety of fresh foods-fruits and veggies (these I saw where missing from most meals) and lean meats (if you eat meat) and portion size. If you do that instead of pre packeged meals etc you will have more food to eat and feel full longer.

Ex. 500 calories in processes/pre pack. foods is easy to eat but not very filling, but replace that with veggies and lean meats and you will be more satisfied and get to eat a variety of different foods. Limit the processed foods as much as possible and use them as a treat instead when it fits in your daily net calories.

It is definiltly overwhelming at first but you can start with small steps--here are some meal ideas that I love to eat:

Breakfast: Banana, fruit smoothie, Chobani yogurt, granola, scrambled eggs and bacon, veggie omlet, whole grain buttermilk waffles (those I eat 1/2 large belguim style waffle with other breakfast foods)

Snacks: carrots/cucumbers with hummus (roasted red pepper is my favorite), fruit-Banana, cuties (clementines), popcorn-air popped or made from reg kernals with some oil and lightly salted.

Lunch: I usually have leftover dinners from the night before but if thats not available I like to make turkey/avacado wraps, tuna salad with crackers, usually a side of fruit or veggie.

Dinners: we eat a lot of brown rice, pasta, roasted potato, ground turkey (replaces all of my ground beef recipes), tilapia (a mild fish).

You can also work out to get some more calories to eat as well.

Hang in there and feel free to add me as a friend if you want :)
  • missa5683
    Options
    Thanks for your help. I appreciate the feed back. I've just been so confused and this really helps. THANKS!!
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your help. I appreciate the feed back. I've just been so confused and this really helps. THANKS!!

I did the same thing: Lean Cuisines, pre packaged salads, subway, but when I started making these things on my own, the calories, fat, and sodium levels went WAY down! And, I can eat more!

Whole foods fill you up while processed foods leave you wanting. Just because this is a weight loss doesn't mean you have to be hungry :)
  • cecilia0909
    cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just looking real quick- I can make a huge salad with lots of fresh veggies for the same calories as your hot pocket. I have learned to pick my calories- I want to make sure they are loaded :0) And I am far from perfect at it all the time but cut some of that processed crap out and stack up fresh foods and you will eat a ton more