4'11-5ft weight success stories

Options
hi i dont see any success stories of us shorties someone please please show me we can be successful to

Replies

• elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm 5' even. I started at 191 when I first came to MFP (210 at my heaviest). I am now at 122. :smile:
    There is a thread of shorties before/afters somewhere around here!! Do a search and you'll see a LOT of pics of people who ARE succeeding!!! :happy:

GOOD LUCK!!
  • nicolemiller109
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'0 I started at 187 (my highest) and now am at 155, I am still wanting to lose about 30-35 more pounds but so far I feel amazing!
  • Chelsea_Laura
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you...I'm 5 feet and looking to drop 20 pounds. I'm about 150 pounds right now. When I look at the BMI index and other target goal weight suggesters, it makes me discouraged because I don't think I could EVER be anything in the teens! Yet, they say women my height can/should be. I'm content with just being more comfortable with myself.

Thanks for the 2 success stories on here though! :)
  • myuva
    myuva Posts: 67
    Options
    I too am 5 feet tall.........I carry the majority of my weight on my butt and thighs..........what about you other shorties ???
  • skingsbury09
    Options
    I just joined 10 minutes ago. I'm only 5'1" and 172.5. I too carry my weight in my hips and butt. I also just had a baby 8 weeks ago and I miss my old body. I was around 130 when I got married almost 3 years ago. I want to get back to that.
  • alesha95
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and approx 157lbs. I gained a lot during my pregnancy. My baby is now 16 months and I am determined to lose all the baby weight I gained. I also carry my weight on my butt, hips, thighs and a little on my stomach... My goal is to get to 125-130.
    I've started working out, it's exhausting. I love this site, it really helps me!
  • MeandmySweetpea
    MeandmySweetpea Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just joined... I am 5' and at my heaviest- I am looking to drop about 70 lbs. It is so encouraging to see the successes here! I can't wait to share mine some day!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" if that counts. I just made a comparison shot in my profile picture. The before is from age 18, the after is now at (almost) 22.
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1". I went from 155 to 133. You can see my "before and durings" on my profile! :)
  • Ana1980a
    Options
    I am 5' and I started at 176 now I am at 147-149 lbs. I still need to loose about 20 more pounds.
  • taraleola05
    taraleola05 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm also a shortie at 5'1"...I just started to be serious about my journey to weight loss and have lost 4, almost 5 lbs so far this year! I'm hoping to by around 130 like I used to be back in the day when I was all toned up and lookin' kick *kitten*! I'll share my success story when I get there, but us shorties gotta stick together!!! :)

Tara Leola*~
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've been here since 10-11 and I'm down 20 pounds. I'm 4'11". So it can be done. :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I'm 1.57m & my weight is down from 75 kilos (about 165 lbs.) to 54 kilos (about 119 lbs.).. You can see my ticker below for proof
  • xmasbaby76
    Options
    I'm 5' even. I started at 167 (my all time high). I am currently 139. I feel great and can't wait to lose these last 15 pounds. I know I'll never be below the 120's, but I'm okay with that. I feel great and that's all that matters to me.

6075110.png
  • fuzzimama
    Options
    Oh Lucyhoneychurch, great to see your pics! I'm also 5' 2.5" and 38yo (but only for another week LOL). Your success is very inspiring.

Great to see all the other pictures as well, and to hear your success stories :) Thanks.
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Lucyhoneychurch -- I love the "Room With a View" reference! Love your story -- what do you to maintain your weight?
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Lucyhoneychurch -- I love the "Room With a View" reference! Love your story -- what do you to maintain your weight?

Quite honestly, I eat 1800-2000 calories and I keep up with exercise! Been nursing some shoulder problems from doing waaaaay too much HIIT (but I owe my body results to Jillian Michaels) and have had to incorporate more rest days to avoid stalling out. My goal is to rock the two piece this summer, but still have to lose the layer of fat covering the abs. What three kids can do to ya..... ! Hoping to get around 117 or lower IF that lowers my BF%. But if I have to gain muscle to burn fat, then so be it. :smile:
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    omfg you guys can totally all add me i dont even care lol i love love love that there are so many of you like me i see i must be the shortest mfp person ever lol or the other 4'11s have yet to find this thread but man this is awesome and i love the inspiring stories from you ladies i love it ahhh thank you so much because i was def feeling like quitting
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!