Options
so why cant we?

it got cutt of up top

for example, 4 or 5 pounds a week!

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Because that's generally unhealthy, and this isn't the biggest loser.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    cause losing that much weight could be seriously unhealthy. it is not something i would even consider without medical supervision.
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    weight loss at that level is unsustainable. Additionally, to reduce your daily calorie intake but the amount necessary, you would put your body in starvation mode, decrease your basal metabolic rate, and decrease your overall weight loss potential.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    If you like being dead.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    This site promotes healthy weightloss. The 2lbs a week isn't even recommended, 1lb a week is. And what the guy above said! lol!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    You would barely be able to eat anything, lose muscle, and some hair. Have no energy and put the weight back on.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    so why cant we?

it got cutt of up top

It's a prescription for FAILURE; that's why.

Starvation diets don't work.
    That's reality.

Anyway, buck up and do what's recommended here on MFP, and all will be well.
    Or do your own crash diet thing, and join the rest of yo yo dieting, unhealthy America.

The one thing you can't say after today is that YOU WERE NOT WARNED!
    I am not trying to be unkind here, but I've seen too many people fail trying to over reach.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    if you noticed when you were setting up your profile MFP has it stated that 1 pound per week is recommended. 2 pounds is still considered safe. Anything above that is a little excessive and likely the loss won't stick b/c you'd probably be starving yourself to lose that much...or working out 8 hours a day like the Biggest Loser, which this is not.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    if you start this on lose 1lb per week, and do it right, i garuntee that for the first month you'll probably lose 3-4 pounds a week. probably mostly water, and the general shock to your body. but then your body will level out, and you'll gain a pound, lose a pound, not lose a pound, lose a pound, gain a pound. then you'll yell at the sky and go "KAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!!" but in the end, you'll still have averaged a pound per week loss.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    You can lose more than 2 pounds a week by eating even less than MFP recommends. Your health will deteriorate as well. It's up to you, of course.
  • ehsan911
    Options
    alot of replies in just seconds, thanks for the heads up was going the wrong way.
    any one know a good meal plan?
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    You would barely be able to eat anything, lose muscle, and some hair. Have no energy and put the weight back on.

QFT :flowerforyou:
  • MarieAnneN
    Options
    Because that's generally unhealthy, and this isn't the biggest loser.

+ 1000!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    alot of replies in just seconds, thanks for the heads up was going the wrong way.

Body weight in protein, .35 times body weight in fat, fill the rest where you'd like (carbs yumm)
    Try to slowly make changes to healthier foods
    Lift weights
    Profit
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

Body weight in protein, .35 times body weight in fat, fill the rest where you'd like (carbs yumm)
    Lift weights
    Profit

Simple and proven.
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    if you start this on lose 1lb per week, and do it right, i garuntee that for the first month you'll probably lose 3-4 pounds a week. probably mostly water, and the general shock to your body. but then your body will level out, and you'll gain a pound, lose a pound, not lose a pound, lose a pound, gain a pound. then you'll yell at the sky and go "KAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!!" but in the end, you'll still have averaged a pound per week loss.

giggle :laugh:
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    It's not healthy, but technically you can set it....Just click on goals, then custom, and change your calorie goal to a number that makes the lbs lost per week at the bottom of the screen be the number you want it to be.
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options

This? This is just ... so true.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    so why cant we?

it got cutt of up top

hmmm......good luck!
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options

Lift weights
    Profit

Simple and proven.

bump. I need to work out this formula for me and give this a go. As he said: simple. And I likes me some simple diet plans!