I miss my gallbladder.

lyssamichelle
lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
I don't care how much pain it caused me.. at least I could eat like a normal person!
Anyone else miss an organ they don't have anymore? Or am I just weird..

Replies

• snowstorme
    snowstorme Posts: 125 Member
    I didn't enjoy the side effects of not having mine. Though once I started eating low carb, moderate fat/protein, I've not had any issues.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    I don't miss mine at all. I feel so much better now that its gone, and I haven't had to change my eating habits at all (at least not because the gall bladder is gone... I've changed them because I am trying to lose weight).
  • lyssamichelle
    I had it out in August.. I can't eat much of what I ate before, & I hadn't been eating unhealthy at all. I googled a lot of the side effects & there are a lot of people dealing with the same things I am. Guess it's just some people. lol
  • solman66
    solman66 Posts: 175 Member
    They want to take mine... I won't let them yet. I've had 1 attack and am hoping that a change in eating habits will avoid more without the need for surgery.
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    The wife had hers out three years ago and her eating habits haven't changed.
  • I miss my placenta. I enjoyed being allowed to eat for two.
  • I had mine out earlier last year, and I haven't changed my diet. (Until now, of course.) Glad it's out though, I was feeling like such crap.
  • lyssamichelle
    I had mine out earlier last year, and I haven't changed my diet. (Until now, of course.) Glad it's out though, I was feeling like such crap.
    See some people don't have a problem with how they eat, like my sister.. then there's me.. I can't eat foods made in oil..

&& they gave me the run around with my gallstones! I wanted them.
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 429 Member
    I'd love to get my tonsils yanked out! Just so I can stop getting strep and tonsillitis!
  • Kelleinna
    Kelleinna Posts: 160
    I had mine out in 2002 and I've never missed it. I wasn't even aware until just now that anyone DID have problems post-surgery. What sort of issues do you have?
  • lyssamichelle
    I had mine out in 2002 and I've never missed it. I wasn't even aware until just now that anyone DID have problems post-surgery. What sort of issues do you have?
    Certain foods make me sick. When I have to, excuse my words, crap.. I sometimes can't hold it in. I pee a lot more than I did before too. The plus side is since it's been taken out, I can't eat nearly as much as I did before.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    My side effects only last about 6 mths and then it settled, I hope it does for you too.

GG
  • lyssamichelle
    My side effects only last about 6 mths and then it settled, I hope it does for you too.

GG
    I hope so, they're really annoying lol.
    I'm sorry you had to deal with them though. No matter how long.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    I had mine out a year and a half ago. I don't' miss the severe pain it caused me but I definitely miss the freedom I had when it came to what I eat.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Sorry you have issues with it out! I wish my body acted more like mine was out, it's been three years in February and I would never know it's gone since I'm just as irregular as I always was.
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    I had my gallbladder taken out mid november last year, so about 2 months ago. I really have not had any problems since the surgery, except once ( I ate too much greasy food and got a stomach ache). Other than that- not so much. I gave up a lot of the foods that made me ill before the surgery, so my habits changed a lot before hand, and I have not really felt the need to go back to those bad habits.
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    I had mine out last week, and already I'm regretting it. I had one in the neck of my gallbladder though so it wasn't very safe to keep it in, and I didn't have much of a choice. It seems like a lot of people have issues afterwards. I really hope that I'm one of the lucky ones that don't notice a difference. I guess only time will tell.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    I was fortunate. Only got the pain a couple of times within a month before they diagnosed it and pulled it out. No change at all in my digestive system since then. Still running like a well-oiled machine.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Mine's been out for about a year and I'm pretty much back to normal. Although my diet has changed but mostly due to just me being healthier overall.
  • I had mine removed about 5 years ago, haven't changed my eating habits, hence why I am here lol. But seriously, I haven't had any problems since it's been removed.