Calling Bride-to-be's!

Options
Anyone else engaged and looking to lose a few pounds?

I've been on here a while, had a hiccup over the summer, and am right back where I started. Only this time, I have some serious motivation! I'm getting married in the summer of 2013!

I'm really wanting to lose some serious weight before I go dress shopping this summer!

Looking for anyone in a similar situation or looking to lose around 50lbs!

Replies

• sdupuis01
    Options
    Hey fellow bride to be! We haven't officially set a date yet, but potentially summer 2013 as well :) one of my top reason for losing weight is to feel good in that wedding dress! I've got 45-50 to lose and have lost 20 since September. Feel free to add me :)
  • emtastic929
    emtastic929 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Congrats on your engagement! I totally feel ya. I want to look my absolute best in my wedding dress. My deadline is approaching rapidly though - I'm getting married May 5th of this year. YIKES. Not much time left, but would love to lose as much weight as possible and tone up decently by the date of my alterations appointment, which is March 18... My fiance is also using MFP, but just the app on his phone. Would love to be inspired by and help inspire fellow brides-to-be. Feel free to add me as well. :)
  • allysonlee9
    allysonlee9 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im just a maid-of-honor...but the wedding is in cancun in April..I am getting super serious this week.
  • MamaLeague
    MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    @ally, there is no such thing as 'just' a MOH! I'd be lost without mine!
  • Kristin9902
    Kristin9902 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Me me me lol I am getting married Oct 6th 2012. I am looking to lose about 50lbs (I lost 25lbs last year). I am seriously motivated. I am doing Power 90 master series and also zumba when I can fit it into my work schedule.
  • halloweeny_bride27
    halloweeny_bride27 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My wedding is in October and I really want to be down 30 lbs! Starting officially tomorrow but have lost 2 lbs so far this year! Ordered my dress in November at David's Bridal in a 20W. Want to have to have it altered down come August!
  • jodianncox
    Options
    Yes I can understand! I am getting married on June 2, 2012. We got engaged on April 21, 2011 and the next day I started my diet/exercise lifestyle. So far I have lost 78 lbs and am looking for 30 more. It is getting much harder to lose. Toay I pushed through a 5 week plateau to finally lose 2 lbs. I just hope I am able to reach my goal and be where I want to be. The closer it gets the harder the diet gets!!!
  • lielucas
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I am getting married June 2 this year. I can't believe it's coming up so soon!

I am new to MFP and my healthy lifestyle, so some days can be challenging, but so far so good. Feel free to add me!
    Yes I can understand! I am getting married on June 2, 2012. We got engaged on April 21, 2011 and the next day I started my diet/exercise lifestyle. So far I have lost 78 lbs and am looking for 30 more. It is getting much harder to lose. Toay I pushed through a 5 week plateau to finally lose 2 lbs. I just hope I am able to reach my goal and be where I want to be. The closer it gets the harder the diet gets!!!

We have the same wedding day!

Congrats on all of your progress!
  • sansouchi1050
    Options
    not married, but we are doing a beach vow renewal on our 20 year anniversary. I want to lose 30 lbs before August and really work on improving my muscle tone.
  • newarkco05
    Options
    I am getting married October 12th of this year!! I would like to lose about 45 more pounds.
  • rahonda28
    Options
    Im getting married June 23 2012 and Im restarting my fitness plan again, so any help staying focused would be great.
  • kfhoffman12
    Options
    Congrats everyone!!! Looks like everyone is making progress towards their goals! I am getting married on Sept 2nd! I REALLY wanted to try and lose all the weight i could before then. So i got a personal trainer in september.

when i started trying on dresses in october i was trying on size 18s. A few weeks later i was in between size 18 & 16. The day i bought my dress (another few weeks later) i was in a size 16. I had only lost about 5 pounds but i could tell i was putting muscle back on and losing some fat, hence the dropped dress size! :) SOOOOO when i ordered the dress in november, i decided to order a size 14 EEEKKK i know! I figured i would have a couple months to lose the weight so that when it came in it would fit. My dress can be let out to a size 16 or be taken in to a size 8. It was on sale so i figured why not!? Well long story short, the dress came in 2 weeks later, which rarely happens and I was very hesitant to try it on. Well IT FIT, not well but it fit!

So when the holidays rolled around, it was game on! I have lost 10 pounds since Christmas and I would LOVE to be able to take my dress down to that size 8!!! :)
  • luckyfives
    Options
    Hi everyone, congratulations on your engagements!

Rahonda28 you're my date twin! I've also just restarted my fitness program after Christmas. I want to lose 15-20 pounds, tone up and get some more stamina.

I've lost 1 1/2 stone so far between June and September last year, and then stalled a bit - only put back on 3 pounds though between September and January so happy with that.

good luck everyone, just think how gorgeous you're going to look in your wedding dress :)
  • pereyram
    Options
    Hello Everyone...I too am a Bride to be. I am getting married this year on May 5th 2012 and i refuse to be a fat bride...i would like to look back on my wedding pics and think "wow i looked great." Feel free to add me. I would like any motivation and would love to help motivate others as well. Good luck to all the soon to be brides out there.

14602096.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • teasie0616
    teasie0616 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all! I am also getting married in October (13th) and would love to lose some weight and tone up. Feel free to add me- I am looking for support and would love to give support as well.
  • TexasRaised89
    TexasRaised89 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am getting married October 6, 2012. I still have 33 pounds to go until I meet my goal. I had a baby December 2010 and it's much harder getting baby weight off. I'm only a couple days into Fitness Pal. Would love to meet new people, feel free to add me!
  • TexasRaised89
    TexasRaised89 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Me me me lol I am getting married Oct 6th 2012. I am looking to lose about 50lbs (I lost 25lbs last year). I am seriously motivated. I am doing Power 90 master series and also zumba when I can fit it into my work schedule.

***We have the same wedding date!
  • MOMMYTOCONNOR
    Options
    I am getting married on Oct 20th , 2012 and have about 50lbs to go i have already lost 45 since having my son and 11 on MFP.... But i am on my way i have been kicking my own *kitten* 5 days a weeks and changing almost everything i was eating.... so here is to hoping i notice some big changes by april so i can order my dress. Good Luck Ladies!
  • tyraflowers
    Options
    i would love to share support with u.im getting married this summer and trying to lose 50lbs. lets help each other . add me
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow bride to be's!
    I'm getting married on April 28 this year!

Hoping to tone up for my wedding!