Bad Day.... What do you do?!

Options
boehle
boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
I have been interviewing for a new position.
I was so excited about the position.
Not only because it would be 15k more a yr but the bldg also had a gym in it.
Today I was told I didn't get position because Id work in the same dept my aunt works in. (I just got a call today after I had two phone interviews and I was supposed to have a in-person tomorrow)... I am not sure that's the full reason I did not get it. I think it was really something else... because of a friend that works there.
I am so frustrated, so YES I am having a few light beers.
I'd love to go the gym, but the weather was nasty when I got off work, and I haven't gotten paid since before Christmas because my work changed our pay schedule, and to save money, I didn't want to fork over the extra money for gym daycare/gas money.
What do you do when you are disappointed or upset?

Replies

• sousaness
    sousaness Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am new here, so I am sure people who have been doing it longer might have better advice.... with that said!! Don't think twice about it. If you had a bad day, just start out better tomorrow. Don't dwell on it... this is going to be a marathon not a sprint. Everyone is going to have bad days. I would imagine as this becomes more of a lifestyle the bad days will be further and further apart.

Keep your head up
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking beer... so Cheers :)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    wine or a nap...or wine THEN a nap
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I run..., if that doesn't clear my head..., I run some more!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate. Just a little square will make things seem easier to manage and of course it helps if you wash it down with wine.
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I run..., if that doesn't clear my head..., I run some more!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^This work's everytime^^^^^^^^^
  • OSUloulou
    OSUloulou Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Pick myself up by my boot straps and make myself workout!!! Otherwise I am destined to self implode.

Hang in there!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What do you do when you are disappointed or upset?

any permutation of: feel sad / vent / complain / cry / work out
  • CindySue73
    Options
    I used to turn to food. I had several circumstances that were beyond my control and I would just eat myself silly. Now, the disappointment angers me and I push myself to exercise. I usually run, do yoga or some other exercise that requires me to exert myself for a good long while. Then, I call a friend who can make me laugh and cheer me up! Meet for coffee, go to a movie, do something that brings you JOY!! Don't let this temporary upset to take you down!!! You can push beyond this!!!
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    Instead of going to the gym to exercise, I do my favorite hike instead. I concentrate really hard on the beautiful pine trees and the birds singing, and the beautiful view of the ocean and how lucky I am to have what I already have in life......then the bad thing that happened dwindles away and is no longer important.
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Loud. music. dance.

works for me. may not work for you. I'm sorry you didn't get the job. I suggest lots and lots of bubble gum pop hits ala backstreet boys, brittney spears, nkotb, etc. good luck!
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I would have a small glass of wine, a square of really good chocolate, do a little workout (jumping jacks in your room or something), read a book and have a nap.

Based on the previous posters answers.

Shame you didn't get the job. Maybe there is a better one around the corner?
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Acknowledge it, vent it, and then move forward. There are far worse things in life than not getting the job you wanted or thought you wanted right away. In all likelihood, there is something better out there waiting. Good luck!
    And if that doesn't help, going on a crime spree is guaranteed to get your mind off of it.
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Belting out songs that I love. I love to sing and it's such a great way to vent out my feelings.