Today is my first day1

Options
I was considering joining Weight Watchers after watching all of the New Years commercials. I stumbled upon this application after reading some bad reviews about WW mobile. This program seems great. I am looking to loose 50lbs. Wish me luck everyone.
:) Maggie from PA

Replies

• Sueboo31
    Sueboo31 Posts: 128
    Options
    Hi. Welcome! I'm Susan. 41 yrs old. I did WW off and on over the last 20 yrs (meetings, not online), but I like MFP better. There's lots of great support here and the food tracker is amazing. Sending a friend request. :)
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    About the WW mobile app: the Droid version had (has?) problems. It's a memory hog. You may have to get rid of other apps to make room for it. Even then, after freeing up a ton of memory, the app still wouldn't work properly. It would periodically force close, then wouldn't let me log back in. It wouldn't recognize my login and password. I contacted WW customer service and was told I have an old Droid and need to upgrade. But my phone was only 2 months old, so that was BS. I finally gave up on it. And I wasn't the only user with those problems. The app for I-phoone, however, seems to work well for the most part. No problems with the MFP app.
  • Mexrose
    Mexrose Posts: 46
    Options
    Hello!

I want to welcome you to this wonderful site. I use to be on weight watchers and I did have some success but I honestly didn't want to continue to pay for the monthly dues. I have to say that I just love this site. I have seen wonderful results from so many people. The key is even when you had a bad day log EVERYTHING in. Trust me, I have had my moments at Five Guys and a Burger. I have lost 25 pounds in the past four months (It says 23 on my profile because I lost two pounds two weeks before I logged on here). People on here are very helpful and you get some great food advice as well when you log at others food journal.

You are welcome to include me if you wish (mexrose).

Good luck!
  • ButtercupSprad
    Options
    Welcome!!!! This is a great site!!
  • smelleecat
    Options
    Hi Maggie, today is my first day too so we can be newbies together!

Good luck to you in all your goals

-Liz:flowerforyou:
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I love it here! Welcome & best of luck to you on reaching your goals.:smile:
  • eashelton53
    eashelton53 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your weight loss. You will get there using this site.
  • kellywaller1
    Options
    good luck!!!!
  • Marie294
    Marie294 Posts: 304
    Options
    Good Luck!! And Welcome to the Site!! :)
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck! I know you will reach all of your health and fitness goals.:flowerforyou:
  • TerresaJ
    TerresaJ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Best of luck!!!! Feel free to add me if you are needing more support. :)
    Terresa
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • heartshines
    heartshines Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I did Livestrong.com for a while on my laptop. Once I got an iPhone, I wanted the app and stumbled across MFP and it was FREE, Livestrong wasn't. It served the same purpose as the Livestrong.
    I also enjoy the support from all the forums.

Add me if you like!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • sandyrrt
    sandyrrt Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Maggie! I am new, too (1 week). I also want to lose 50lbs, so maybe we can cheer each other on.
  • rtb367
    rtb367 Posts: 1
    Options
    Good Luck, and welcome to MFP!!
  • fmorley
    fmorley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This site looks wonderful. I have alos done WWP but found that my day to day monitoring was hit or miss. I love this format and i do feel that I will reach my goal which is 45 pounds...maybe 50. Reading about all your achieved and sustained goals gives me hope.
    Fernanda