Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

"You have such a beautiful face"

I am just jumping back on this journey, but I am so ready to be a fit and fabulous person inside and out. I am still feeling super lazy about working out. I think I need the most motivation on that front. I often find myself thinking "How the hell did I ever let it get this bad?" I don't have a precise answer, I just know I didn't wake up like this. It is a life time of bad habits needing to be broken. I think we all just have to take it one day at a time and don't get discouraged by our setbacks. And one thing I have learned is that you cannot do this for anyone other than yourself. If I had a dollar for every time someone told me, "You have such a beautiful face" I'd have quite a few dollars, haha. I want to say F-You to those who think that and those who believe that. I never had an issue with my size or how I felt about myself. I am loosing weight because I know my lifestyle is not healthy. I am loosing it so my husband and I can one day have children and I don't get winded trying to chase them in the back yard. I am getting healthy because I want to. Not for my family, or my skinny friends or for the a-hole in my neighborhood with a truck that says "too low for fat hoes" Anywho, I am 6lbs from my first goal of 350lbs. My highest weight was 385 and my goal is 150-175. Does anyone else have any back handed compliments people say to you regarding your size or weight? Also I'd love some friends on here for encouragement. Lets keep each other motivated!

Replies

• kristenn1989
    kristenn1989 Posts: 196 Member
    Those back handed remarks are often the ones that hurt the most. I found it lot less painful when people just said what they thought instead of sugar coating it.

Congrats on approaching your first goal-- the first of many I hope! :) Keep up your hard work.
  • I feel the same way. I've always been "the smart one" or "the funny one" or "the one with the great personality". My friends are always "the hot one" or "the one with the great body". I know that I shouldn't compare myself to them because we come from seperate gene pools but it hurts when you realize that you're the ugly duckling in a room full of swans. I can't tell you how many times I've cried because I can't shop at the same stores my friends have (trivial I know) or I'm left holding the purses while they dance with guys at bars. I'm getting healthy and fit for me... but these comments are motivation too. Every time I start to slack off I think about it and I push myself another mile or another 10 reps.

I hope you achieve all your goals!!! I'm already so proud of you! If you want support, please feel free to add me as a friend!