Foods with alot of fiber and that tastes good

Options
Would good like some suggestions for high fiber foods that taste good. I am not picky at all.

Thanks Laurie

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    Okay, long list here: http://commonsensehealth.com/Diet-and-Nutrition/List_of_High_Fiber_Foods.shtml

I don't know what you like, but mostly stick with whole foods, grains, fruits, veggies, nuts.
    I love the fiber one 90 calorie bars and brownies:)
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Apples. Whole wheat pasta's with added fiber. Whole wheat tortillas with added fiber [or flax]. Fiber one bars. High fiber cereals.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I always keep a 90 cal fiber one peanut butter and chocolate bar in my bag to curve cravings!
  • esjaygee
    esjaygee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Jicama has 6g of fiber per cup and only 46 calories. I'd never even heard of it until the other day but I picked one up last night and it's not bad.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Quinoa! in soups, salads, stews, anything!
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Lentil soup. Lots of lentils and lots of veggies!
  • EnjoyTheSpin
    Options
    The grain faro has tons of fiber! And it takes like risotto! Double plus
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Fiber one brownies and bars
    Vitamuffin
    vitatop
  • katharos3
    katharos3 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to be on a high-fiber diet, and lately I've been eating a lot of lentil soup. It has something like 20 grams of fiber per serving (1 cup). I also keep my pantry stocked with Fiber One Honey Clusters cereal so I can keep my numbers up on days I don't feel like cooking. It has less sugar than a lot of other high fiber cereals, but it doesn't taste entirely like cardboard. :wink:
  • ru4hope
    Options
    Sweet potato with a little butter and Tony's seasoning. Also, Pears are a good fiber souce.
  • laurief1212
    laurief1212 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone all your information is great!!! Have a great day!!