i made the best smoothie ever today

ok so you need milk yogurt walnuts honey nutmeg(optional) and a banana ok so i used a whole banana a teaspoon of honey a dash of sugar cinnamon (my add on) and whole walnuts but only a 4th of serving a cup of ice and omg this has to be the best ever ive made

Replies

• cinfinrn
    cinfinrn Posts: 15 Member
    YUM!! Definitely gonna try this! I freeze my bananas and then don't need the ice...also a great way to save those bananas that are about to get overripe. Thanks for the recipe!!
  • it was really good tasted like a banana walnut shake but i need to use less yogurt i used a half of cup next time ill use only a 4th but omg was it yum
  • perpetuallyfit
    perpetuallyfit Posts: 153 Member
    it sounds yum!!! the recipe pleassssssseeee!!:happy:
  • 1 banana i used a half cup of yogurt but id use 1/4 next time a dash only a dash of cinnamon sugar only about 6 to 12 walnuts chopped a tsp of honey and then some ice well i didnt freeze my bananas so i used a cup of ice and i blended and poured a lil milk at a time until desired thickness and topped off with some nutmeg only a sprinkle and omg was it yum i wish i could upload vids on here lol
  • but it made me full good amount of calories and so a great meal replacement for me
  • just made it............YUMMIE!!! how many calories do you think this is? And I actually forgot to add the milk...and was still so good
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    This is the smoothie recipe that i have every morning it was sent to me by the Dressage Magazine i read.

1/2 cup fruit (blueberries apples or pineapples (rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to strengthen your immune system and protect you from infections and illnesses, ranging from common cold to cancer)
    1/2 cup blueberry pr pomegranete juice (especially rich in antioxidants)
    2 tablespoons ground Flax seed (rich in omega-3 fatty acids to protect your joints and heart and rejuvinate your skin; high in fiber for appetite control and digestive health)
    3 rounded tablespoons flavored protein powder made from soy, peas, or whey (to repair body tissue and provide long lasgting energy and appetite congtrol)
    1/2 cup fat-free yogurt with probiotics (to strengthen bones, immunity, and promote digestive health)
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (to help stabilize blood sugar and thus appetite and energy level)
    1 cup ice.

I have this smoothie every morning it is fantastic. I am extremely active and need the nutrician i really reccoment this
    I have entered it into the system so if you look up "nutricious winter smoothie" it will give you the nutricional values.

Enjoy!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Do we know the calories?:smile:
  • DottieNewton
    DottieNewton Posts: 112 Member
    sounds great!!I will have to try it!
    12160881.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • llaster
    llaster Posts: 10
    I wonder how it would taste with a scoop of vanilla protein powder for added protein?
  • karagav
    karagav Posts: 172 Member
    that sounds great!! i made one tonight that was pretty good too! i used silhoutte 35 cal mango yogurt, 1/2 frozen banana, cut up melon, a splash of milk, stevia sweetner and a bit of ice. it was pretty good!!
  • ill have to try that next time that sounds good too
    that sounds great!! i made one tonight that was pretty good too! i used silhoutte 35 cal mango yogurt, 1/2 frozen banana, cut up melon, a splash of milk, stevia sweetner and a bit of ice. it was pretty good!!
  • no i dont know the calories i would just use your own measurements because you might prefer half milk to whole so yeah i could just make it taste good but these are what i use and im nto a big calorie counter on here i just eat my 3 daily meals work out and have my snack and not stress it too much ive found i gain more when i stress it
  • i tired it with the chocolate protein powder so it was a choclate walnut banana shake pretty good
    I wonder how it would taste with a scoop of vanilla protein powder for added protein?
  • when i did mine i rounded and a 8 ounce was 420 i think but i drank a 4 ounce glass and then an hour later had the other 4 ounce
    just made it............YUMMIE!!! how many calories do you think this is? And I actually forgot to add the milk...and was still so good
  • dont quote on the calories cause like i see some walnuts had diff calories that others and maybe you use a diff yogurt than me or use another means of vanilla flavor like the shake powder or something but the banana walnut shake was my base for this since i love sonics shake