Just so dang happy, I have to share...

Options
firewalking
firewalking Posts: 335 Member
It has finally paid off!

14 pounds today (and almost 6 inches)....I'm down to a size 3 pants, I'm up to 9 miles of running a day, my trainer has drastically increased my weights, I have tons of energy, my stress level is practically at zero and I just busted through a horrifying 3 week plateau! YIPEEEEEE!

PLEASE....share your stories with me....they keep me inspired! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• firewalking
    Options
    It has finally paid off!

14 pounds today (and almost 6 inches)....I'm down to a size 3 pants, I'm up to 9 miles of running a day, my trainer has drastically increased my weights, I have tons of energy, my stress level is practically at zero and I just busted through a horrifying 3 week plateau! YIPEEEEEE!

PLEASE....share your stories with me....they keep me inspired! :flowerforyou:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! :drinker:

Congrats!! :flowerforyou:
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Options
    Way to go! :flowerforyou: 3 week plateau...that sounds like where I'm at, hopefully I'll bust through too soon :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    WOW! You have a right to feel dang happy!! :laugh:

Congrats on your success! I am sure you are inspiring others to keep going! :flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    great job! must be those cheerios! :laugh:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great!!! WTG!!!

over in past year I have lost almost 40 lbs. and went from size 16 jeans to size 8. and XL shirts to petite small or even juniors :smile:
  • firewalking
    Options
    Thanks so much! I'll bet the Cheerios helped!!! :wink:
  • firewalking
    Options
    Lisarillan - that is awesome! You should feel so proud!:flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    congratulations...nice to see progress:smile:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Isn't it great to have energy to do things. 9 miles!? You go girl. Congrats on breaking the plateau.
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    YOU Rock!!!!
    I totally get your excitement. I too, just broke a 2 week plateau with a 4lb weight loss in one week.!!!!:noway: My husband and I are training for mini in April. This is the first time my 43 years, I have ever run. I started in Jan barely able to go 3.5mph without getting winded now, I am at 4.3 mph for 2-3 miles at a time. We average 20-26 miles per week. Last week , I competed in my first 5K. Talk about excited. This site has been a great support system to get me to this point. Stories like yours are a great inspiration. Thanks for sharing.
  • walkrunflybabe
    Options
    Oh wow 9 miles of running?! that sounds awesome! great job :):heart:
  • carrie11777
    carrie11777 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    9 miles:noway: I can't fathom 9miles. I have only just begun. I am proud of the 1 mile I have been able to run for 3 weeks now. I add a minute or two at a time so It will be a while but that is inspiring. Someday that will be me. :wink:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats, that is so great.
  • firewalking
    Options
    QUOTE: Wed 03/11/09 05:23 PMYOU Rock!!!!
    I totally get your excitement. I too, just broke a 2 week plateau with a 4lb weight loss in one week.!!!! My husband and I are training for mini in April. This is the first time my 43 years, I have ever run. I started in Jan barely able to go 3.5mph without getting winded now, I am at 4.3 mph for 2-3 miles at a time. We average 20-26 miles per week. Last week , I competed in my first 5K. Talk about excited. This site has been a great support system to get me to this point. Stories like yours are a great inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

THAT'S AWESOME!!! I remember my first 5K...that feeling of accomplishment! I promise that that memory will stay with you. What's your next goal?

Great job!
  • firewalking
    Options
    9 miles:noway: I can't fathom 9miles. I have only just begun. I am proud of the 1 mile I have been able to run for 3 weeks now. I add a minute or two at a time so It will be a while but that is inspiring. Someday that will be me. :wink:

I didn't just wake up one day and say, "gosh, I think I'll run 9 miles..." Believe me, it was a LOT of huffing, puffing and near misses to passing out or puking. 1 mile is something you should be very, VERY proud of. Not many people are even able to walk a mile....that's awesome! Keep us posted on how you're doing, okay?
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    QUOTE: Wed 03/11/09 05:23 PMYOU Rock!!!!
    I totally get your excitement. I too, just broke a 2 week plateau with a 4lb weight loss in one week.!!!! My husband and I are training for mini in April. This is the first time my 43 years, I have ever run. I started in Jan barely able to go 3.5mph without getting winded now, I am at 4.3 mph for 2-3 miles at a time. We average 20-26 miles per week. Last week , I competed in my first 5K. Talk about excited. This site has been a great support system to get me to this point. Stories like yours are a great inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

THAT'S AWESOME!!! I remember my first 5K...that feeling of accomplishment! I promise that that memory will stay with you. What's your next goal?

Great job!

I am going to try for a 10K soon. Then I want to get my speed up to 5mph. Thanks for asking.
  • Aeilm
    Aeilm Posts: 92
    Options
    AWESOME job!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    Way to go! You're such an inspiration!! How'd you get through that tough plateau? Whoo hoo!! It's the NEW YOU! :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • gilly88
    gilly88 Posts: 114
    Options
    9 miles a day!!!!
    wow!!!!
    can you share some tips on
    a) how you got off your plateau and
    b) how you got up to running 9 miles/day? i can run maybe 2 but i am puffed after that!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!