What supplements/vitamins should I be taking?

Options
Currently, I am taking a formula for healthy skin, hair and nails. I was on prenatals (Never been pregnant) and saw results on the health of my skin and nails.
Any good supplements for weight loss/energy? I have a hard time with motivation and bad cravings for junk food.

I heard fish oil? Or green tea? Not sure.

I'm almost 20 years old, 5'1" 145 lbs if that helps. I've lost 15lbs and want to lose another 15-25lbs.

EDIT: also, does a biotin supplement help stretch marks? That's what google tells me but does anyone have a first hand account?

Replies

• Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Just a good quality multi-vitamin, fish oil, and perhaps some supplemental Vitamin D would be beneficial.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Fish oil and green tea are great, but they're not going to help with weight loss and they're not really going to help with energy either... they help with heart/brain function and the green tea especially has some great anti-oxidants in it.

Vitamin B can help with energy.

But really, you're best bet is just a good diet- hit your carb, protein, and fat macros. Eat plenty of veggies and fruit. Eat good fats (fish, olive and canola oils, nuts, avocados, etc... ). No, you don't have to eat completely 'clean'... but healthy food choices will take care of your needs and you won't have to supplement much with the extra expensive stuff.

I DO take fish oil, because I rarely eat fish. I also take glucosamine for my joints, but that's it for me personally.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    P.S. by help with weight loss, I just mean that they're not some magic pill that's going to suppress your appetite or speed up your metabolism or anything like that. They'll help with over-all health.
  • ubaware2
    Options
    The best things that I have found for weight management and energy are these nutrition shakes called pure trim. Obviously not the only thing that will work for this, but it's what I have found works best for me. They have a lot of nutrition, not sure about biotin, and they totally fill me up if I'm feeling munchy or energy-less. Caffeine and I don't get a long very well so I was totally thrilled when i found these. I order them from 2day.awarenesslife.com, but I'm sure you can find them just about anywhere online.

Also, eating some raw veggies, fresh fruit, or a small handful of almonds or other nuts is a great way to curb the munches, but it usually doesn't last a super long time. Hope that helps. :)
  • karagav
    karagav Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    bio oil helps with stretch marks and scars, i would recommend it.
    fish oil is good to take, i also just take a one a day multivitamin for women. you can never get enough vitamin d as well!