Quitting smoking and bloating

Options
Hi everyone! I've been a member for ages but have not logged in for a long time. I just quit smoking 26 days ago, and my weight shot up overnight. Suddenly I have all this bloating and water weight that isn't going anywhere! Did anyone experience this when they quit?

Also, I am looking to lose around 10 pounds. I am currently 5'6", 157 pounds, but still fit. I really would like some 'wiggle room' in my weight and pant size as I age. I'll be 32 in May, and my metabolism isn't going to get any better!

Replies

• m0dizzle
    m0dizzle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Me again, quit smoking about 3 weeks ago: Drink lots and lots of water! I didn't gain much water weight but I didn't lose anything until recently.
  • sunshinestate
    sunshinestate Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I swear, I gained four pounds overnight! Thanks for the tip on the water. I have been drinking tons! My biggest temptation is when I drink, although now that I'm dieting, I won't be doing a lot of that!
  • m0dizzle
    m0dizzle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Same with me! Congrats on quitting! I find chewing on straws really helps the random habit cravings (I have a pack of straws in my car!)
  • sunshinestate
    sunshinestate Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm chewing gum at work, also eating celery sticks from time to time. I just wish I knew why this bloat hit me. Last week, at one point, my ordinarily flat stomach was pooched out and I looked 5 months pregnant!