Relatively new

Options
Okay. So, I'm more new to the forum than myfitnesspal.

I started with myfitnesspal in early November and am finding it wildly successful. I've lost thirty pounds in two months...and before anyone freaks out because that is a LOT of weight to lose in two months, please be aware that I am VERY morbidly obese and it is scientifically proven that the heavier you are, the safer drastic weight loss is. I am not eating under 1200 calories a day EVER.

I have been fat since before I was a teen. I do not consider the word 'fat' to be demeaning or evil. It is a fact. I am fat. I hope not to be within the next two years, although I will probably always be at least over weight by normal medical standards. I am not looking for incredible slimness or even single digit dress sizes. As my profile says, this is not a diet, it is a true lifestyle change. I am aiming to be healthier and more comfortable/mobile than I am, now.

That being said, every journey is more enjoyable with a few friends. My mom and aunt have already joined me, but the more the merrier. I believe in slow, healthy weight loss without severe deprivation of any portion of the food pyramid. I eat fat, I eat sugar and I have lost 30 pounds doing so. It's all about moderation and I strongly believe in that. (I have for a long time. This is just the first time that I've really enforced that on myself.)

So, here's to hopes for a successful journey and a healthy life.

Replies

• mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the recent weightloss. I'm overweight and pregnant so right now I'm just trying to get in the habit of tracking. I want to be in the habit of tracking as soon as I drop my little bundle I'll be ready to lose it. Right now I'm 270. My goal is to get down to 170 I'm 5'6". I look forward to seeing you progress!!
  • Dongiff
    Options
    That's a great attitude to start your program here with. I agree with everything you said, especially about moderation being the key.
    This site helps so much because it forces you to admit everything you eat (if you are being honest). It's been an eyeopener for me and I've been able to lose 53 pounds in about 4 months. First time anything ,except drugs, has worked. Let's stick it out together ok?
  • SFalconStorm
    SFalconStorm Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm finding that the awareness it creates is pivotal for me. I've lost small increments before but always stopped because I had no real idea on a daily basis if I was doing well or just spinning my wheels. Since the app tells me every single day that I am achieving my daily calorie goals, I know I'm getting somewhere. I love it.