My negative calorie intake?

Options
Well personally I work out two times daily for an hour each. With each session I run for about 30 minutes at 6.0 MPH then 10 minutes on stationary bike at level 8 keeping above 80 RPMs, then I go to the Elliptical and go for about another 10 minutes, I do this every session. Then usually for the last 10 minutes I bench or do something involves lifting and keeping my heart rate up. I do this religiously every day.

My question is I eat breakfast and dinner and small snack at lunch but I never hungry or drained but according to MyFitnessPal I am under my calorie goal and end up always -250 or less what is the deal?

It says if I don't mean my caloric intake I will not loose weight? But I never get hunger problems or anything and I have quite a balance diet as well.

So what is the deal?

Replies

• _Kate_P
    _Kate_P Posts: 132
    Options
    not good. With such heavy cardio you burn a lot of muscle with some fat and by ending up in a negative net, you are definitely losing much more muscle than fat, even with the 10 minutes of lifting 2xday. Try cutting back on cardio and increasing intake. Your body will thank you and you'll get much better results much faster
  • theril
    theril Posts: 5
    Options
    Is the exercise log accurate in calculating calories lost during a particular workout with your correct weight? Because I am accustomed to running at 6.0MPH with no difficulty if I bump up to 8.0MPH it starts to affect me somewhat
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Less cardio, more heavy lifting and eating
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Either the estimates you are logging are way off or you are heading for some serious issues. Hopefully it's the former.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Is the exercise log accurate in calculating calories lost during a particular workout with your correct weight? Because I am accustomed to running at 6.0MPH with no difficulty if I bump up to 8.0MPH it starts to affect me somewhat

No, it's not. I got a heart rate monitor and found that the estimates on MFP were lower than what I was actually burning.

You need fuel to live, and to do the things that keep you alive, like breathing. If you don't give your body enough fuel, something will suffer. You may feel fine now, but eventually it will catch up to you.

Eat more, but eat things like lean protein, fiber, veggies, fruit. Your body will thank you.

Good luck!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    For a more accurate calorie burn count, invest in a heart rate monitor. The fact remains, however, that you need to substantially increase your food intake. Even if the burn isn't accurate, you are not eating even close to enough to fuel your body.
  • mommiex6
    Options
    i am hoping someone could explain the food calories exercise and net to me. What does it mean if the exercise is in the negative?

Sincerely
    Confused
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i am hoping someone could explain the food calories exercise and net to me. What does it mean if the exercise is in the negative?

Sincerely
    Confused

This is worth a read
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I would definitely get a HRM. But you should also be eating more. Not sure what you are eating or how often since I can't see your diary. But if I were you I would eat 5-6 times a day with your workout regimen. Also try varying your workouts. If you do the same things every single day your body will get used to it.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Less cardio, more heavy lifting and eating

^This
  • theril
    theril Posts: 5
    Options
    I have been following this cardio regime for almost 3 years before I got out of the Marine Corps. generally we did not lift weights and actually ran more and swam more, was in Amphibious Assault and its difficult for me to lift to due to an injury sustained overseas