Has anyone lost 50 pounds in 3 months?

Options
13»

Replies

• EDUARDODURAN
    Options
    I have not But have coached on diet juicing and exercise 4 people to lose 50 lbs in around 3 1/2 weeks . some much faster some much slower. It is easy depending on starting point and self discipline. It is not about dieting but Changing the lifestile to something you can live with.
  • brianmiddleton39
    Options
    hey I started on 05-16-14 at 324lbs. on 08-7-14 I was in between 274-275lbs, so yes it is possible.. I did however reduce calorie intake a bunch. no sweets hardly any bread or carbs only drinking water.. little bit of zero cal powerade. TONS OF CARDIO..
  • Andrewcreed
    Andrewcreed Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't know if u care to share but I would really like to know how u got this accomplished like what did u eat and your workouts
  • kayladarling13
    kayladarling13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ME ME ME !! In fact im planning onto losing 70 pounds in less than 16 weeks ;)
    how did you do it??

• ChosenforaPURPOSE
    ChosenforaPURPOSE Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    absolutely... go Keto...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    If you have 50-60 Lbs to lose, it's not likely...if you have hundreds of pounds to lose then it is more likely. Weight loss isn't a linear process and as you lean out, it's going to go slower...you'll have more stalls, etc.

You'll also consume a lot of lean body mass...
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Recurring Zombie thread.

This one must be really hard to permanently put out of it's misery.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    Recurring Zombie thread.

This one must be really hard to permanently put out of it's misery.

Yeah...guess there's lots of people who want to lose 50 Lbs by tomorrow or something...Lol...
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Wah?! No....just no.

Reality check: 70/16 = 4.375 pounds per week. That's a 2,188 calorie deficit every single day. Not unless you are 7' tall - 400+ pounds. Even then as you become a smaller person the calories required for maintenance go down the whole time you are losing.

Even if you managed to lose this much fat+existing lean muscle mass in that amount of time......dangerous. Besides fat+lean muscle loss only looks good on the scale.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

Wah?! No....just no.

Reality check: 70/16 = 4.375 pounds per week. That's a 2,188 calorie deficit every single day. Not unless you are 7' tall - 400+ pounds. Even then as you become a smaller person the calories required for maintenance go down the whole time you are losing.

Even if you managed to lose this much fat+existing lean muscle mass in that amount of time......dangerous. Besides fat+lean muscle loss only looks good on the scale.

Zombie post, and her profile now says "I did not do it in 16 weeks. I lost the weight in approximately 13 months, but hey, at least I did it eventually :D "