Replacement for soda

Options
I want to quit soda and am looking to wean my self off. I am not a coffee drinker nor a tea drinker. I am seeing if anyone has good ideas for low calorie drink that just tastes good. Maybe even a concoction you make yourself. I find water to be boring but want something sweet or at least Tasty. I am open to ideas but keeping cost down would be GREAT.. Thanks.

Replies

• pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Flavored Seltzer or club soda. Zero Calories. I drink the plain Seltzer.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Infused water... healthy and inexpensive as you make it yourself :D

http://gourmet.lovetoknow.com/Fresh_Fruit_Infused_Water
  • simoriah_angel
    Options
    Why don't you try Zevia? Tastes really good but no sugar. And no funky chemicals.

http://www.zevia.com/
  • sare_sweetheart
    Options
    I drink sugar free kool-aid and it works great for me.
  • kludgood
    kludgood Posts: 172
    Options
    i like adding the sugar free low calorie drink flavorings to bottle water. that way its the best of both worlds your getting your water intake but its not just the plain old boring water taste.
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I got myself off soda using seltzer water. It doesnt taste great at first, but it creates the same effect/feeling as drinking soda.
  • ItsAliciaMarie
    Options
    Crystal light!! Yum!
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Seltzer water too cause I need the bubbles!!
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Water? Or 1/4 cup of any juice (I like cranberry), and then fill the rest of the glass with as much soda water as you want. =D It's home made pop with nowhere near the amount of sugar, with some vitamins.
  • alsilecchia
    Options
    I too use alot of crystal lite flavor pkts to add to my bottled water ... also try carbonated waters in diffrent flavors ... sometimes I need that soda feeling too and I drink that and it usually helps ... good luck :)
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light. My husband and I like the Peach Tea, but they have other, nontea, choices.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I use the crystal light packets, and there is even a few flavors with caffeine, which is the hardest thing for me about cutting down on pop as much as I have. I've been so used to the caffeine, that if I don't have any, I'll get a nasty headache
  • abbullar
    Options
    Try buying Coke and Coke Zero, and mixing them together. That way you can get used to the taste, with much less calories. It's still soda, but easier to quit I think.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to MetroMint water. All the flavors are awesome, but the chocolate mint is pure heaven. Just water, mint and chocolate essence = 0 cals and NO artificial sweetners.

Yummy and super refreshing after a big workout.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I love arizona lemon iced tea Stixs. Bottle of water and one stix. YUm
  • Huntermom64
    Huntermom64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You could try Flavored Carbonated Water-It runs about 60 cents and comes in many flavors-Also Crystal Light has alot of flavors too:smile:
  • tjpinch
    tjpinch Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've been squeezing a key lime into club soda. YUM!!!
  • karagav
    karagav Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i always drink crystal light. love it! or to make water a bit more appealing i add lemon and lime to it and it gets a nice refresing taste that's a bit more appealing :)
  • w8sarge
    w8sarge Posts: 3,873 Member
    Options
    Minute Maid Light Lemonade has just 5 calories in 8 ounces and tastes great!
  • purplefreak60
    purplefreak60 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Water with Stevia Drops. I use Grape. Stevia is natural sweetener that comes from a plant. I would suggest taking this opportunity to wean yourself off of chemicals as well as soda...including artificial sweeteners found in Crystal Light. You'll feel much better. You can get the Stevia Drops at Whole Foods or that type store, but I've found them cheaper on Amazon. Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Liquid-Stevia-Grape/dp/B000HK7GXC/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1326431736&sr=1-1