Finally Exercised

Options
I finally exercised tonight. And since I am sporadic at exercising... Well, decided to work on C25K. Isn't it pathetic that it took me 43 mins to do 2.5 miles! :'(

Replies

• rdzilla
    rdzilla Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Not pathetic at all. In order to improve you need to have a baseline. Good job; keep it up; dominate it next time. :-)
  • agugino
    agugino Posts: 119
    Options
    Lol. Key was that I ACTUALLY made it to the gym. Thanks for the words of encouragement!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Not pathetic at all! 7 months ago, I couldn't do one push up and could barely do a few jumping jacks. Now I'm on day 25 of p90x... Something I never thought I could do! Gotta start somewhere! Awesome job!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Nope....you have to start somewhere and now you know where that is, it can only get better. Keep pushing yourself and you'll get better and soon you'll be doing that in probably half the time.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Don't be ashamed. Everyone starts somewhere. I find that for me, just getting to the exercise is the hardest part. In December, I made it my goal to work out five times a week, even if only for 10 minutes or so. I achieved my goal, and I can do so much more now than I could before. It only takes a few weeks to see a difference in the way you feel and the way you look as long as you are consistent with working out.

Consistency is much more important to me than speed or endurance. It doesn't matter how long or how intense I work out as long as I work out. Once I've gotten started, it isn't long before I pick up the pace and have fun with it. However, it is all too easy to just not do it at all. Once the sports bra is hooked on and the sneakers are tied, then I pretty much have to work out and it isn't so bad. Getting off the couch is the hardest part of that.