Achieved a big goal on my bike today!

Options
So I have been riding a little over a year and got my first road bike back in September. Now that the weather is getting more "springy" I have been trying to put some miles on my bike. So today I set out to do 20 and I averaged my fastest ever! I am not super speedy by anyone's standards, but I did 20 on hilly terrain today and my avg speed was 14.6. It usually is about 13 or sometimes less..but today I really pushed myself and I did better than I had even planned. I was going for 13.5, but when that number kept going up...I kept pushing harder. It felt great and I felt great all afternoon and still do! Just had to share!!

Replies

• ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    So I have been riding a little over a year and got my first road bike back in September. Now that the weather is getting more "springy" I have been trying to put some miles on my bike. So today I set out to do 20 and I averaged my fastest ever! I am not super speedy by anyone's standards, but I did 20 on hilly terrain today and my avg speed was 14.6. It usually is about 13 or sometimes less..but today I really pushed myself and I did better than I had even planned. I was going for 13.5, but when that number kept going up...I kept pushing harder. It felt great and I felt great all afternoon and still do! Just had to share!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    congrats! that is motorin good!:smile:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work!
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yeah :bigsmile:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Really good work this early in the season. I FINALLY was able to get my bike out for a ride yesterday after work. I only had enough time to do a quick 10 miles, but it felt so good. I don't have a road bike yet. i ride a Trek 7300 hybrid. Yesterday I did the 10 miles in 40 mins, pretty good ride with rolling hills. Today is cold again, such is March in PA! Winter strength training paid off...we also have a spinner bike at home which helps, too.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Really good work this early in the season. I FINALLY was able to get my bike out for a ride yesterday after work. I only had enough time to do a quick 10 miles, but it felt so good. I don't have a road bike yet. i ride a Trek 7300 hybrid. Yesterday I did the 10 miles in 40 mins, pretty good ride with rolling hills. Today is cold again, such is March in PA! Winter strength training paid off...we also have a spinner bike at home which helps, too.

I really find that spin classes have helped during the off season. I am glad I gave them I try!
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Bamboo, I'm kinda jealous of the warm weather down south. Hopefully the weather will break for good in a week or two.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, I'll bet you had a ton of fun too.

I'm going for my first ride in a while tonight after work, I have my lights charged and I'm a little worried about my performance. I think getting out there will take care of that.