Will I ever lose lbs?

Options
javascript:add_smiley('sad','topic_body')
Frustrated today! I have been working out since Jan 14...I decided to Join a local athletic club for my birthday in jan. I gained weight during pregnancy and have not been able to shed much. My daughter is over 2...So... I have been working out for 2 months and I do feel better and stronger however I haven't shed a pound. I still need to lose the weight, 30 lbs to be where I know I should be. I joined this site because a trainer at the gym suggested it. It is great! I am going to try to keep recording my calories and hopefully it helps me stay on track and get closer to my goals. It is nice to see others share my goals and frustrations. Everybody keep up the good work! Any tips are welcomed.
Thanks
Carrie

Replies

• carrie11777
    carrie11777 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    javascript:add_smiley('sad','topic_body')
    Frustrated today! I have been working out since Jan 14...I decided to Join a local athletic club for my birthday in jan. I gained weight during pregnancy and have not been able to shed much. My daughter is over 2...So... I have been working out for 2 months and I do feel better and stronger however I haven't shed a pound. I still need to lose the weight, 30 lbs to be where I know I should be. I joined this site because a trainer at the gym suggested it. It is great! I am going to try to keep recording my calories and hopefully it helps me stay on track and get closer to my goals. It is nice to see others share my goals and frustrations. Everybody keep up the good work! Any tips are welcomed.
    Thanks
    Carrie
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    how much are you eating hun? Do you track your exercise cals? If yes, how, and do you eat them back? Normally I would just say stick with it, it'll happen but with 36 lbs to go and 2 months of nothing, something's gotta give. Give us more info and we might be able to help you figure it out.
  • carrie11777
    Options
    Well based on my calories today what it seems to come down to is the amount of calories from fat that I consume. Today is my first day on the site. I am going to use the recommendations from this site and see if I can make some progress.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    If today is your first day on mfp, track your calories, make sure you eat back your exercise calories, and see how it goes in the next 2 weeks. IMHO, if you're eating healthy food, it doesn't really matter where your calories come from if you meet your daily goal. So, if you end up with 30-40% fat but meet your calories, don't worry so much about that. Focus on healthy. Good luck!! We're here for you!!:happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, helpful and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • carrie11777
    Options
    Thank you so much I will keep my chin up. This site is great I am so glad to have the feedback.
    thank you:smile:
  • carrie11777
    Options
    I'm just now figuring out that I need to keep eating enough in order for my body to let some storage calories go. Thank you for the support. I love this site!:happy: