Why would anyone ever want to jog anywhere at anytime?

Options
13»

Replies

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    There's a lot research out there stating that running isn't as bad on your joints as we would like to think.

I love running or in my case jogging.:tongue:
    My experience is not to force yourself to do something you don't like because you won't stick with it. :flowerforyou:
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    There's a lot research out there stating that running isn't as bad on your joints as we would like to think.

I love running or in my case jogging.tongue
    My experience is not to force yourself to do something you don't like because you won't stick with it. flowerforyou

Hehe, if I didn't force myself to do the things I don't like, I would just play World of Warcraft 8-16 hours a day like I did for a year straight! :noway:

No...I think it is better if I force myself!
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    I forced myself to run. Soo glad I did. I love it now. It is surprising what you can do if you don't give up.
  • gregoryk
    gregoryk Posts: 10
    Options
    You can get injuries from running. That does not mean it is bad for you. It is just bad for you if you are not careful. If you increase your running distances slowly and wear good shoes running is proven to make both your bones and your joints stronger. The rule of thumb is not to inrease your distance more than 10% per run or per week. Once you get a few months in you will miss running on days you can't. Plus once your weight is more towards a normal weight walking cannot get your heart rate up. Since your heart weight (during excerise) is the key to how many calories you burn, running over walking could be the difference in a weight loss of one pound in a week or a weight gain of one pound in a week. Eating the same amount of calories that is a 104 pound swing. I think that makes running worth while. Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps you understand why people run.